Recent Posts

valleymom40
on 12/22/12 8:54 am
Topic: Mexico in the spring anyone??????????????????

Hey, if things don't work out in Halifax, does anyone from the Annapolis Valley want to go to Dr. Ponce DeLeon in the spring? I have spoke to Trish in Nov and it can happen quite quickly>>>>>> Want to go, anyone?    

valleymom40
on 12/22/12 8:36 am
Topic: RE: One step closer and two steps back......

Hi, welcome to the site.  From what I hear the surgery happens quite fast.  Within weeks!  I am trying everything in my powers to get the procedure done here but am willing to get it done in Mexico if I can't get in here soon.  I have spoken to the patient coordinator wit Dr. DeLeon in Mexico and she said that I can pretty much pick the date I want to have it .  I just don't understand why it is soooooo long to have it done here. 10-15 years I can't wait that long...I will be dead by then!

breastcancermedic
on 12/16/12 10:25 am

Hi I am new to this site, and would like all the help you can give. I have done research on Dr. Kelly and would know like to take the first step towards a new life. Can anyone direct me it the right direction? How long from the first contact with the doctor does surgery happen?

IslandMomma
on 12/13/12 7:59 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
Topic: Coffee Time...PEI

Okay everyone...Coffee Date for PEI has been set for Thursday Dec 20...6 pm....if you need more info as to WHERE...you can message me directly.....Think of it sort of like a "Cookie Exchange"...without the cookies...just information and support....everyone is welcome....see you all then...

leaden
on 12/11/12 6:12 am - Yarmouth Co. , Canada
Topic: Yarmouth anyone ??

Hey all,  

I would love to be able to meet with any people who are in all different stages of this journey, if there is some people in yarmouth or surrounding areas please message me =) thanks. 

IslandMomma
on 12/3/12 11:18 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
Topic: Coffee Date....

Hey guys & gals...a group of us on PEI like to get together every couple of months and have a coffee togather...so Dec is our next meeting...haven't set the date yet, but just wanted to extend the open invitation to anyone who is new to the site...I have sent personal invites to the regulars, but if you want more info, send me a private message....

Merry Christmas....

Tracey

valleymom40
on 12/1/12 8:31 am

My internal Dr. sent me a requisition to complete in Jan for liver function and cardiac functioning as well as the usual thyroid functioning tests.  I hope this a good sign.  I told him that my Dad had a heart attack at 43 and has heart disease as well as my grandfather soooo since I am now 42 hopefully they will do something.   I hope that it  works out and i don't want any negative comments as I am trying to do what's best with a small child at home. If this does not pull through I will be going the Mexico route in a minute.... In the new year life will be changing for the better!!!!!! And I can't wait!   

Jewlz78
on 11/30/12 9:26 pm, edited 11/30/12 10:43 pm
Topic: RE: Mexico anyone?

How do I contact Dr. Kelly? I've only heard good things about that name on this forum...

Nevermind I found it :)

Jewlz78
on 11/30/12 9:24 pm
Topic: RE: Mexico anyone?

I actually was looking at A LIghter Me... what happened?

sonywife
on 11/30/12 10:25 am - Elmsdale, Canada
VSG on 10/24/12

There is ONE bariatric surgeon in NS. You can google his name. He's in HFX.

From what I hear he won't look at ppl that he hasn't preformed the surgery on.

I have a referral in to a general surgeon for follow up.

Most Active