Recent Posts

shirlsmith
on 2/24/13 6:44 am - Stellarton, Canada
Topic: RE: Hi everyone!
I emailed Diana Lawlor at Capital Health.
auntieRhonda
on 2/20/13 9:07 pm - Sydney, Canada
Topic: RE: One step closer and two steps back......
Hi I agree that 3 surgeries is rediculous as well. No wonder the wait is so long. I have been quoted 5700. From Dr. Kelly and nobody 6000. from Dr. Ponce de Leon baring any complications such as hernia repair etc. I am hoping to be able to go before May or June as long as nothing expensive comes up before then ...lol Where do you live ? My sister and her family live in Kingston and I visit quite frequently...lovely area. What website did you get for Dr. KELLY ..? Apparently there are several for each doctor.
valleymom40
on 2/20/13 7:44 pm

It is crazy that he only does that many surgeries... Anyway did you get a quote for Dr. Kelly?  I spoke to Trish at Ponce DeLoen before x-mas and she said he was 5700, I think.... what did you have for a quote?  When were  you thinking of going?

leaden
on 2/20/13 10:41 am - Yarmouth Co. , Canada
Topic: RE: Protein shots?

I am sorry to hear that your referral was not in as expected and good luck in Mexico. I hear great things from anyone who has ever gone there. My surgery went well according to the doc and the first night , my heart rate doubled and my blood pressure dropped. They did a mri and discovered I had a bleed. I have not had my follow up appointment yet to get all the details as to why or where this happened.I had the swallow test but could not have anything just in case I had to go back into surgery . I was given blood and very high does of antibiotics. My bleed healed tself and did not have to go back into surgery.So from there, i was started on my stage 1 diet and the rest is history. I am 5 weeks out now and doing well =) 

auntieRhonda
on 2/20/13 6:54 am - Sydney, Canada

Hi again :) As for the reason why it takes so long here...I recently had a lengthy conversation with someone from Columbia Health and was told that Dr. E only operates on 3 patients per week. Why ? I don't know , but most of the doctors in Mexico do 5 + per day. I know that there may be risks going to Mexico and there is alot to be said about taking your time and all, but I would think that the doctor who has done 25-30 weight loss surgeries per week would know what the heck he is doing by now. The woman from C.H told me to follow the Pre-op diet that is on their website and everything should be fine. She hasn't heard of many complications and god forbid you do have something wrong , Dr's are not allowed to refuse to see you at the hospital's E.R. So now the only problem is what surgeon to pick...down to 2 now...Dr. Ponce De Leon and Dr. Kelly. Their prices are similar and both have many excellent recommendations. I have such a hard time making a decision and sticking to it !! Very frustrating, but you want to make the best choice when it comes to surgery.

auntieRhonda
on 2/20/13 6:21 am - Sydney, Canada
Topic: RE: Protein shots?

Hi there :) I will be heading to Mexico since I recently found out that my Dr. didn't send the referral through to Columbia Health 4 years ago like he said he would. I was waiting all that time and decided to call to see where I was on the list when I found out that I wasn't even on it. Anyway, now I have to take matters into my own hands and am going to try to go to Mexico. The reason I am contacting you is that you mentioned after surgery complications. Would you mind telling me what kind of complications you faced and how you got passed them ?

Jewlz78
on 2/18/13 4:31 am
Topic: RE: Hi everyone!

Hi there. Just wondering what number are you calling to check on your referral?

llLou
on 2/15/13 10:11 pm - Halifax NS, Canada
Topic: RE: Mexico in the spring anyone??????????????????

I know all about waiting in Halifax! I waited for 3 years and had another 7 to wait. I was so happy when I met Dr. Kelly here in Halifax at seminar. It was the best decision I made having my VSG done by him.

shirlsmith
on 2/11/13 12:19 am - Stellarton, Canada
Topic: Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!  I am back on, couldn't log in with my old username for some reason so I have a new one now  :)

Anyway, Just wanted to let you know where I am now in my journey. 

If any of you remember, I called Diana about 6 months after my referral was sent in and it was lost.  That was fine, I sent another and they put me back on the list.  So, I called last week to see where I was, and it was lost AGAIN!  So I had to get it sent again after thinking I was on the list for 3 years!!!!  So frustrating!  Anyway, she told me that they were getting to the people that were referred in 2008/2009, so it will still be a while yet  :(

I was diagnosed with PCOS last year and having a heck of a time with it.  I go to the gym 4-5 days a week, eat clean and not a budge on the scale.  I don't eat sugar, white flour, and do the rest of the stuff "I should do", but nothing....

Anyone ever get funding from Blue Cross to go out of province?  I don't have any money to put down, but really need this done!  I am taking Metformin for Insulin Resistance now, and seem to be going downhill instead of uphill by doing all the "right things".

Thanks for the rant! 

valleymom40
on 2/9/13 12:07 am
Topic: RE: Mexico in the spring anyone??????????????????

thank you for the information. i am still waiting to see how it goes here but i am getting a bit impatient ...

Most Active