Recent Posts

auntieRhonda
on 3/26/13 9:28 pm - Sydney, Canada
Topic: RE: One step closer and two steps back......
I think that what you heard is very correct. I couldn't believe that response ! I actually found Dr. KELLY & Trish through wls4abetterlife and they quoted me 5200 or 6200 for a high BMI like mine. It's around the same as Dr. Ponce De Leon. I have done some research as well and I think it is a good bet with either of these 2. Keep me posted on what your doctor finds and your plans for Mexico. Talk again soon. :D
valleymom40
on 3/26/13 8:28 am

Hello, well from what I hear a lighter me is Not who to book through, anyway.  A lady on this web site had her surgery done through them and she stated to stay away from them.  So their information about Dr. Ramos Kelly may not be accurate.  I have not spoke to anyone personally from Dr. Ramos Kelly's office as I am waiting to hear back from my Dr. on his quest to get me done here.  But from what I have heard it happens quite quickly when you contact Mexico.  I can't wait to proceed with this one way or another.  I have a son that needs his mom around and a dad whom is not in the best of health...more reason for me to smarten up and live healthy.  Talk to you soon, Angi

auntieRhonda
on 3/24/13 10:47 pm - Sydney, Canada

Hi again Angi :) I thought I would share a tad of interesting information. I went back in my e-mails to where I had first contacted Dr. Ramos Kellly at alighterme.com and sent them another e-mail info request and this is the reply that was sent back to me...

Hi Rhonda Im sorry to tell you we don’t use Dr Kelly anymore. I actually had my surgery with him and wouldn’t send anyone to him. I will send you a separate email with our latest info. Dr Kelly had a few too many complications that could have been prevented so A Lighter Me cut ties with him months ago. We use Dr Alejandro Lopez and Dr Elias Ortiz. Our pricing right now for April and May is $4650 plus the $500 higher bmi fee. Look for the next email. Im looking forward to assisting you further.

WOW that was a bit shocking. No wonder it's so hard to pick a surgeon ! So, if you are going through alighterme to book Dr. Kelly I would hope they would have told you that he is no longer with them. Scary ! Now I am trying to find out where I can find Dr Kelly since I am certain that they are lying about the complications.  I foundtons of former surgery patients of Dr. Kelly's on yutube and they all rave about him, so I think they would be a more reliable source. Just thought I would let you know so you can double check your contact. Talk to you later.             Take Care :D

Rhonda M

auntieRhonda
on 3/24/13 3:06 am - Sydney, Canada

wow Angi , you are lucky that you have someone who has been through it to talk to. You may be that person for me :) I would love to be able to go before May, but I don't know for sure if I will have the $ by then. Do you mind telling me which Dr. Kelly you are going with...there are a couple of them. Could you give me his coordinator's e-mail address ? Oh and by the way...if you lose more than 35 % of your BMI and have loose skin, the surgery to remove it is covered by MSI. It's either 35% or over 100 lbs. I have about 150 lbs to lose. Will you be doing the pre-op diet for long before you go ? I know that the Dr. here wants it followed for 2-3 weeks prior to surgery.  I tried it for a couple of days to see if I could handle it and soon realized that you NEED to take vitamins while doing it. I was a bit weak by day 3, so I stopped and did some homework on everything I would need to keep the energy up. I plan on having everything I need so I won't get sick, weak or lose any hair when I finally get the surgery. Better safe than sorry I say...lol  Anyway, it's great having someone to talk to who is going through this too. So, thanks for responding. Keep me updated on your journey. talk soon :D

Rhonda M.

valleymom40
on 3/23/13 9:38 pm

Nervous, yes....excited, yes.....I have looked into Dr. Kelly and Dr. De Leon but I think I am going to go with Dr. Kelly.  Two of the girls here have had it done by him.  I have met one for coffee and she is doing great.  The only regret she has is not doing it sooner.  I am looking to go the end of April/ first of May as there is a sale on VSG with Dr. Kelly and it is over April 30th.  Don"t worry about the extra skin it will be worth it.  I am going to start with a personal trainer when I get back to help with the weight loss/ changes with my body......if there is a little skin I guess I will start saving for the removal of it.  I just want to lose the weight and get my life back.   Dr. Kelly's surgery starts at 5200.  Cheaper then others and I hear he is one of the best.  Write soon, Angi

auntieRhonda
on 3/23/13 9:45 am - Sydney, Canada

Hello :) I would love to go, unfortunately I had to dip into my surgery money to replace my furnace 2 weeks ago.  lol

I am hoping to have it all together again within the next 2 months. Then I am off for sure...nervous but cant wait at the same time. I know I can't keep living to eat.  I was hoping to have had mine by now, but every time I get close to going something comes up. I find myself thinking of loose skin, possible problems, looking wrinkly old and ugly....I think my brain is trying to scare me off lol. How about you ? Nervous or excited ? If you are nervous about going alone and would be able to wait for 2 months we could travel together. We could meet the next  time I am in the valley. (in 4 or 5 weeks time) Have you decided which Dr you are going with for sure ? Let me know.... :D

valleymom40
on 3/23/13 8:17 am
Topic: RE: Mexico anyone?

When do you want to go?

valleymom40
on 3/23/13 6:53 am

I am contacting my internal Dr. Monday to see if he has heard anything from the Dr in Halifax....if he hasn't then I am making plans for Mexico this week.  Want to go?

crymacd
on 3/19/13 4:30 am - ABBOTSFORD, Canada
Topic: RE: Sleeved in Mexico by Dr. Kelly!

New to this site, I am interested on how to get the process going ??? Do I need to see my Dr. here to get a referral to Mexico ? and how much did the procedure by Dr Kelly cost ? How long is the wait list ..???

Jackie00
on 3/11/13 1:32 pm
Topic: RE: Hi everyone!
I tried the insurance route, they will not cover it since the procedure is offered in our province and they are not concerned about the wait time.

I have heard of them losing referrals here but I imagine there are lots of them and they are filed there somewheres.

Good luck on getting seen in the next few years, it is a long road.

I went to Mexico to have mine done. It is the answer for weight loss.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Most Active