Recent Posts

kimberleyann
on 4/24/13 9:29 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada
Topic: RE: Leaving today to fly out tomorrow morning!!!!!!

thinking of you and wishing you a great trip. You will do great !

valleymom40
on 4/24/13 8:32 pm
Topic: Leaving today to fly out tomorrow morning!!!!!!

Today is the day!  I am to Halifax today inorder to fly out at 6:30 am.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!  Surgery tomorrow afternoon then life begings, again!  i never thought that i would be on the losers bench with so many wonderful people.......Thanks for your support!

valleymom40
on 4/21/13 2:10 am
Topic: RE: I am going April 26th and can't believe it!!!

Thanks and I will try to keep you all posted.  I am finding it so busy this week as I leave on the 25th and fly out on the 26th.  I have everything in order and got all my vitamines and things so I don't have to worry about them when I get back.  I am so excited!!!!!!

hope4health
on 4/21/13 1:37 am - St. John's, Canada
I'm heading to Mexico on May 13 for my sleeve with Dr. Kelly. Am very curious to hear from you how it went! Best of luck and keep us posted on your journey!
valleymom40
on 4/15/13 11:03 am
valleymom40
on 4/11/13 10:49 am
it has been a long road for me...many doubts.....but here i am heading to mexico....eekies! nothing left but the crying..heehee! can't wait......
Jackie00
on 4/9/13 7:31 am
Flight is 600-900 I would think for San Deigo. You can play with dates to see which is the cheapest day to travel. The 5500 or whatever the cost for Dr Kelly is well worth getting your health back quicker then the 10-20 yr wait here in NS.

Dr Kelly is great.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

llLou
on 4/7/13 3:50 pm - Halifax NS, Canada
Topic: RE: Sleeved in Mexico by Dr. Kelly!

My cost was $5,700 in November. i know some months are less expensive. It includes 2-3 nights at the hospital and 2 nights at the hotel for you and a companion. It includes all tests.I had to pay for my airfare. They pick you up and drop you off at the airport.

You don't need a doctors referral. You just call Dr. Kelly's office and they email you medical forms to fill out. you email them back. Dr. Kelly will approve you within days and you pick your date!

It is of course good if your GP approves because they do The follow up blood work.

TheresaQ
on 4/7/13 2:01 pm
Topic: RE: Going soon...anyone want to join me

Hi Valleymom40,

I'm hoping to go the second week in May :)

ginger16
on 4/6/13 4:13 am - North Sydney, Canada

Hi valleymom, I am happy for you :)  I am a brand new member and just starting my search for information.  If you have any advice , I'd love to hear .  The biggest question, is the cost of traveling to another country to have surgery . The wait time for N.S. is sooo outrageous !   I am 49 and do not want to wait 5 plus years :((   All the best to you !!  I will keep watch for your progress.  Take Care.

Most Active