Recent Posts

valleymom40
on 5/5/13 9:55 pm
Topic: home and well

Can't believe it is all over and I survived.....Mexico was wonderful and they had such beautiful people to help you through the experience.  Thanks Dr. Kelly and Mrs. Kelly as well as all his staff as they made my trip easy!......Losers bench here I come!

rayne23
on 5/4/13 12:26 pm
Topic: RE: does msi cover gastric bypass if its causing many health problems?

aww this is so sad that you guys have to go through so much just to get this surgery done.In Ontario it can take as little as 3-6mons from referral to have this done.Maybe you should look into doing in Ontario and what the steps are for out side your Province.

auntieRhonda
on 5/4/13 8:00 am - Sydney, Canada
Topic: RE: Leaving today to fly out tomorrow morning!!!!!!

WOW Good Luck ! I am almost ready to go myself. I can't wait to find out how you did....I am sure everything will go great  :D

auntieRhonda
on 5/4/13 7:57 am - Sydney, Canada
Topic: RE: does msi cover gastric bypass if its causing many health problems?

Hi there :) MSI does cover the surgery here in Nova Scotia if you meet certain criteria. You will have to get your Doctor to put an application through to Halifax at Columbia Health Network. The only Dr. that does this surgery is Dr. Ellesmere and his waiting list is years long. I applied 3 years ago and still have a 5 years wait. You may want to consider saving your money and ng to Mexico to have the surgery. It is half the cost and you can have it done as soon as you have the money. I am not sure of other provinces.

llLou
on 5/1/13 1:10 am - Halifax NS, Canada
Topic: RE: I am going April 26th and can't believe it!!!

As one of the posts says San Diego is a beautiful city. Take the 2 hour trolley tour(starts in Old town) and it goes all over this fantastic city. It's worth the $38. You can get off and on wherever you want.Tour that area and get back on You can make a whole day of it for the same cost.

Fredricka MacLean
on 4/30/13 5:34 am - Canada

You will NEVER regret it!!!!  Had RNY in 2009 in Mexico!!!  Changed my life! You will be able to eat again, don't worry!  Alot of scare tactics out there.  I thought I would never be able to drink a beer or eat a Western Sandwich again...not true...just can't eat very much of one!!!  And you don't want to so don't be scared that you will never taste good food again...you will....go for it!!!!!

Fredricka MacLean
on 4/30/13 5:29 am - Canada

Girl you will not be crying a few months from now when your weight starts to melt off!!!!  You life will begin again!!!  I can't wait for you to have the same feeling I had.  On second thought you might be crying, but from happiness!!!! 

San Diego is a great city!!!!  I went to Mexico by myself and got RNY.  If you have time to see the city, go for it!!!!  They picked me up at the hotel so I had a little time to see the sights.

susanpalmer
on 4/26/13 1:14 am - annapolis county, Canada

Good luck. Dr Kelly is the greatest.

susan palmer    
highest weight 280 current weight 186

llLou
on 4/25/13 2:06 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

Good Luck!!

You will do great. You have a wonderful team looking after you!

valleymom40
on 4/25/13 2:08 am

Thanks, I only hope to do as well as you!!!!!! Talk to you when I get back. Cheers!

Most Active