Recent Posts

emmy2885
on 6/17/13 11:39 pm
Topic: :(young woman looking for a new start in life

I am a 28 year old woman that is looking to have weight loss surgery but it is a long wait in ns is there anyone that know where i an call and talk to someone about it that might take msi because im not really all that well off for alot of money but need to have a new look on life and do it for my health please is there anyone that can help me thanks.

llLou
on 6/6/13 11:37 am - Halifax NS, Canada
Topic: RE: Does anyone have a date ?

I was on the waiting list for 3 years and then went to Dr. Kelly in Mexico last November for my VSG.I was wondering how long the wait is now. It was 7-10 years at one point.

Thanks and good luck!

Moving-Forward
on 6/5/13 2:33 pm
I had applied for surgery in 2008 and got the call last year. It is quite a wait but I am getting closer
llLou
on 6/5/13 6:41 am - Halifax NS, Canada

Can I ask how long you have been waiting?

I hope the list is getting shorter.

Moving-Forward
on 6/4/13 11:08 am
Topic: Does anyone have a date ?

Hi ... I was at the Information Session in Halifax in November 2012 - just wondering if anyone from that group has a surgery date yet? I have my second meeting with Diana Thursday and am hoping the next step will be a surgery date :-)

I notice that not a lot of messages are written on this board ... hoping more join in as the closer I get the more questions I am sure to have.

susanpalmer
on 5/7/13 1:20 pm - annapolis county, Canada
Topic: RE: home and well

Congrats and welcome to the losers bench.

susan palmer    
highest weight 280 current weight 186

auntieRhonda
on 5/7/13 1:53 am - Sydney, Canada

Way to go ! So happy for you. I am hoping to be headed down there by June, fingers crossed. How are you feeling ? When you feel up to it I would love a play by play of your experience so I have an idea of what to expect. I saw my GP yesterday and he is still trying to convince me to wait to be called from Capital health. He is worried about complications etc. Anyway, rest easy and when you have time I would love to hear all about it.

llLou
on 5/7/13 12:21 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I knew you would have a great experience!

Dr. Kelly and his team are the best.

kimberleyann
on 5/6/13 3:16 am - Kingston, NS, Canada

Congrats,  you are going to rock this!  See ya around.

Jackie00
on 5/6/13 12:12 am
Glad all went well, was waiting for an update from your journey. Push all the way to the finish line it does get harder after the first six months so make the best of these first six months and more
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Most Active