Recent Posts

DaniDragonfly
on 12/7/10 11:59 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: RE: What Vitamins do you take?
Just at the moment, I am taking a Jaimeson multi, the ursidol, vit D chewable and my happy pill (pre surgery script). That is more than enough for me just now ... I will likely add an omeg/fish oil at some point in the near future.

I won't have the results of my first bloodwork post surgery until next week some time ... so not really sure if I am lacking anything.

Sorry I missed the meeting ... my youngest was still getting over the flu and incredibly clingy. I do wish I could have gone, though.

D
DaniDragonfly
on 12/7/10 11:53 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: HA! FINALLY - Down 40 lbs!!!
Man ... that last 2 lbs took it's merry ol' time.

Anyone else have a stall so soon after their surgery? I was stuck for over a week and only my third week out, at that. What gives?

A in NS
on 12/7/10 8:56 pm
Topic: RE: Plateau Buster: Cycle your calories & fitness program...
This morning I weighed 198.4 (was 197.8 yesterday) with an intake of 900 calories yesterday.  I did weights at the gym but missed my walk (unless you count walking around the stores in Halifax - which I don't, really, because I'm not going as fast).   So I'm wondering should I lower my calories back down now or carry on with the higher calories for another day (I'm thinking I should lower them)

Weight lost since surgery:

A in NS
on 12/7/10 9:12 am
Where are you getting the chewables & are they any good?  Oh, and how do they taste?  I got a liquid calcium citrate from Costco today but haven't tried it yet..

jinnyr
on 12/7/10 8:23 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Does anyone do Roux-n-Y gastric bypass in Halifax?
Dr. Sylvain Beausolil at the George Dumont in Moncton does gastric bypass.

CaperGal
on 12/7/10 12:51 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
I take chewable Vita Vim - chewable strawberry
Women 50 plus One A Day
Vitamin  B12 and folic acid - chewable cherry
Iron
Vitamin D- chewable chocolate
I had to go off them until i finish with the tests I am doing at home. i will be back on them tomorrow tho.
A in NS
on 12/6/10 11:10 pm
Topic: RE: Plateau Buster: Cycle your calories & fitness program...
OK I'm gonna try it out - I have been at 600 calories for a long time and I have been stuck @ 197.6 or 197.8 for 4 days so yesterday I went up to 800 calories (I had a salad  :) plus I did weights at the gym and a 5k walk with a little jogging thrown in - still 197.8 this morning - I will go up to 800 calories again today and do my work out and see what happens...  I will let you know if it works for me  :)  It shouldn't be too hard to get in the extra 200 calories since we have to eat out this afternoon (we will be in the city all day) so I'm thinking the grilled haddock from the sfl menu @ Big Stop.  Wish me luck!!

A in NS
on 12/6/10 10:08 pm
Yep - I used to be able to swallow 5 or 6 pills at a time - now I have to choke down one at a time - it's a pain!! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/10 8:35 pm - Canada
I am taking my multivitamin, vit D and vit e.
I am going to start taking a fish oil capsule as well. 

I am really noticing that they get stuck every night.  Starting to get annoying but sounds like you are experiencing the same thing.
A in NS
on 12/6/10 11:56 am
Topic: What Vitamins do you take?
This came up at our last support group meeting and I thought it was interesting, so I'm wondering what vitamins you all take?

Here's my list:
three omega 3 supplements
B Complex
Vit E
Multivitamin
Vit D - 1000 IU
and I plan to add in calcium when I can get to Costco & get some Calcium Citrate...
I also take a daily stool softener (tmi, I know! lol) and the ursidol prescribed for prevention of gall stones after wls.

The only ones suggested by the wls clinic were the multivitamin, the vitamin D and the ursidol...

What has everyone else been doing & does anyone have a chewable calcium they can recommend?  Since I had surgery I can't easily swallow pills like I used to!

Most Active