Recent Posts

A in NS
on 12/8/10 11:40 am
Topic: RE: What Vitamins do you take?
OK, so what brand vit D are you taking that's chewable & where did you get it?  C'mon people, share your chewable finds!!  lol

Don't worry about missing the meeting - we will have another one hopefully next month  :))

Weight lost since surgery:

coreena691
on 12/8/10 9:44 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
I only take a Women's 1-A-Day Multi-vitamin, but I'm in a different phase.  I'm a gazillion years out and I eat a larger variety of nutrients now.  I only ever took the multi-vitamin, back in my day, that's all the Dr. recommended.   I tell ya, I lost a pile of hair and calcium though--effected my teeth and fingernails pretty bad for the first 5 years and I used to clog the shower drain with my hair every week.

I'm much more nutritionally balanced now. 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

coreena691
on 12/8/10 9:39 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Topic: RE: HA! FINALLY - Down 40 lbs!!!
It's time to get out your new BEST FRIEND: THE MEASURING TAPE!!  When we stall so quick, it's our bodies adjusting and I bet you're shrinking!!! 

Congrats!!!  You're doing a great job!!!! 

coreena691
on 12/8/10 9:35 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Topic: RE: Plateau Buster: Cycle your calories & fitness program...
Angie I replied, but it's at the top of this thread....see above somewhere!  LOL 

coreena691
on 12/8/10 9:34 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Topic: RE: Plateau Buster: Cycle your calories & fitness program...
Angie, there's no way that you gained a pound of "fat" overnight...unless you have a pound of food in your belly when you got on the scale (yes, that means bowels too).  That's most likely fluid retention or just a normal flux.  Are you drinking more water since joining the gym?  That happens to me.

My weight changes everyday....honestly by .5-1.5lbs.  I only count what I weigh on "weigh in day", once per week, but get on the scale daily.

Myself I would probably go down again for a couple days with cals, and if it stalls again, raise it up.  I only raise my cals when I stall (plateau buster) and lower cals when the scale goes up over 2lbs.  (This morning the scale showed 199.4 and yesterday was 198.4, and Monday was 198.0,....did I gain???.....NO!!  Just a fluctuation.)

I use a line graph, and even though I lose, gain, lose, gain, etc....it's still in a downwards trend overall.  ---Like a zigzag line.

You probably wouldn't notice the effects from the gym until the following week.  When I do an intense workout for a week (Mon-Fri), I don't see those results until the following mid-week instead of by Sunday night--it takes a couple days to adjust on the body. 

The only cardio I count is when my heart rate is above 140 bpm.  Other than that, it's just bonus physical activity and beats sitting on the couch.  

Let me know how it goes. 

Kitty1975
on 12/8/10 8:29 am - Canada
Aww thats awesome though

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
A in NS
on 12/8/10 5:14 am
That's AWESOME!!!  WOOHOO!!! 

A in NS
on 12/8/10 3:00 am
I didn't know Life Brand had  a chewable - I'll have to check that out!  :)

novascotiadawn
on 12/8/10 1:44 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm taking...

Life Spectrum Chewables...Vitamins
Vitamin B-12
Vitamin D
Citracal Petites

And going to start Omega 3.6.9

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

novascotiadawn
on 12/8/10 1:31 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hello my dear!

You had the famous 3 week stall!!...Giving your body time to adjust to all the things going on inside.

Way to go with your new too and 40lbs gonel!!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Most Active