Recent Posts

ruthann49
on 12/11/10 10:41 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Surgery On Tues
Congrats on your surgery date! How long was your wait from the time you were referred from your family doctor?

Best of luck to you and keep us posted!
A in NS
on 12/11/10 9:46 pm
Topic: RE: Plateau Buster: Cycle your calories & fitness program...
Finally!  196.2 this morning so now that my body is willing to let a couple of lbs go, I am going to try to kick it into high gear...  We walked 8km yesterday and I was so tired by the time we got back home - this isn't a really long walk for us so I don't know why I was so tired...  strange... 

I still don't know if the calorie cycling worked for me since my loss seemed to follow the same pattern as I have been lately, but at least it gave me a few extra calories when I wanted them - I have been having some really 'hungry days' for the last 4 or 5 days where it seems all I want to do is eat!  It's so frustrating - I think it's because my tom is around the corner - I sure hope that is the problem so it can soon GO AWAY!!!  :S 

Now, c'mon 195!!!  lol  Ok, so if you're following in my trail, Coreena, it's OK to drop a pound now!!  lol

Weight lost since surgery:

A in NS
on 12/11/10 9:36 pm
That's great!  You will love it  :)  Make sure you take your binder with you so you can read it over if you get foggy on what you're supposed to be doing - the nurses don't seem to be all that familiar with what you should be doing/eating/drinking after wls & will sometimes bring you stuff you shouldn't have, so if you know what you should & shouldn't be swallowing you will feel more confident and at ease (btw, I'm not saying the nurses are bad, but I don't think they get a lot of training in wls).  Make sure you get up and get the blood circulating asap and don't be afraid to ask for pain meds or whatever when/if you need them  :) 

I don't know how long I was in recovery either - too many drugs!!  lol  It wasn't as bad as I had myself prepared for though - for having a major surgery & having 85% of my stomach removed, I felt great!!

Good luck & let us know if there is anything you need! 

Debbie T.
on 12/11/10 8:06 pm - Canada
Congrats on the big day being so close. I don't know how long I was in recovery. It was a bit foggy.
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
mlm105
on 12/11/10 9:58 am - Mainland,NS, Canada
Topic: Surgery On Tues
Hey All,

Well Tuesday is the big day for my surgery.Gotta admit I am a little bit nervous but excited.I do have a reaction to anasthetic so I am nervous about that. looking forward to this surgery though.
I know the exact time of my surgery Tues.

The whole procedure lasts about  1 hour  does it ? How long were you in recovery for ?

mlm105
on 12/11/10 9:48 am - Mainland,NS, Canada
Topic: RE: more problems for me
I have you in my prayers Capergal.You have my number  and if you  ever need to  talk please call me. That is what friends are for .

I am sure everything will  work out for the best for you . Keep your chin and spirits up.
ruthann49
on 12/11/10 6:49 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Met with the surgeon today
That's great You will have a New Year and a new beginning. How long did you wait before seeing the surgeon?
coreena691
on 12/11/10 12:38 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Topic: RE: Thanks! OWLSS meeting Monday Night!
Just bringing this to the top to remind everyone we're having our monthly meeting on Monday Night in Lr. Sackville for anyone who want to attend. 

Looks like we'll have a great turnout and lots of new members too!

Hope you can make it!!
If you have any questions or need directions, just give me a shout.  (902) 252-2406

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Coreena & the Owlss group!

VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

coreena691
on 12/10/10 10:23 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Hey, it's always good to see a new number!  I'm same here with the 199-198.  Maybe it's a level that the body halts to make some adjustments before we kick it into nexty gear! 

I'm trying to remember back 3yrs ago, and what hubby and I recall is it took forever to get from 204 to 199, and then it too forever again to get down to 190.  But once I got there, it flew and next I knew I was at 180.  So what I am guessing is that 25lbs is a real challenge but when we get over that hump we're good again for a while.  And I notice there is a big big big difference with that 25lbs and our sizes!! 

....but who knows???  LOL....looks like I'm following in your trail.
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

A in NS
on 12/10/10 9:55 pm
I'm down to 197.8 finally, but I still haven't really lost anything since the first of the month - I've been up & down & up & down - I'm off my game somehow & need to find my way back!!  :S 

Most Active