Recent Posts

A in NS
on 12/15/10 9:16 am
Topic: RE: Plateau Buster: Cycle your calories & fitness program...
40 lbs gone forever - nothing mini about that goal!!  I saw the new white coat on facebook - it looks AWESOME!!  195!!!!   

I'm sure someone would love to have that blue coat - you should post it in a new post just in case someone is in the early losing phase and still going through clothes quickly :) 

LOVE the new coat - it looks great on you!  Rock it baby!! 

Weight lost since surgery:

A in NS
on 12/15/10 9:10 am
Topic: RE: Surgery On Tues
you could be still feeling sickly from the drugs - don't be afraid to ask for some gravol...

A in NS
on 12/15/10 9:08 am
Topic: RE: So happy I found this group!
Aww, thanks Dani  :)  Where did you find the books & how much were they?

A in NS
on 12/15/10 9:06 am
Topic: RE: 5 month surgiversary
Thanks Dani  :))

A in NS
on 12/15/10 9:04 am
Topic: RE: 100 lbs

It doesn't really matter how fast it came off - just that it's GONE never to show it's nasty face again!!!  lol  WOOHOO!!! 

A in NS
on 12/15/10 8:59 am
Topic: RE: When Your Mouth Sez: YES!! But Your Tummy Sez: Nuh Uh!!
First of all - 46lbs!!  HOLEY MOLEY!!!  :)))))  Congrats!!  Don't get too attached to those size 20 pants, 'cause they won't fit you for long!!

I could eat about the same amount that you can that far out and then I would get a pain under my breastbone which I soon realized was my full signal (and or hiccups) - it can be so sudden that it's a little startling!  I had a pain every time I was full for the first month or two (don't be worried if you haven't been sleeved yet, it's not really a big deal after you realize what it is & it's not that bad - and that feeling changed around the 3rd month!)  anyway, I could only eat a spoonful or two & that was it - it did actually help me to use the little silverware - I still do, actually.  Anyway, I can eat 2 - 4 oz of dense protein at a meal now (depending on the day - sometimes I'm hungry, sometimes not so much) and I would love to have that major restriction back - boy oh boy the weight fell off - just breathing made it melt away - so try to enjoy this magical time!! lol  Don't get me wrong, it still comes of pretty fast over all, but nothing like those first couple of months  :))  Sooo, my advice is to just go slow and keep in mind that the discomfort and the major restriction you are feeling now and the new 'full' feeling will all change in a couple of months, so just try to take it day by day & hang in there.  Jeff had the same issues - I think most of us do!

The mental part has changed for me too - don't get me wrong, I still LOVE food, but now my perception of what 'a lot' is has changed drastically - as has my idea of 'cheating'!  Sometimes I think I have been eating all day (because I do still have hungry days) and when I look at my food log I am at around 800 calories - and I'm thinking WTH I haven't stopped eating!!  lol 

Keep talking about what's bothering/concerning you - for me this forum was a life saver!  Congrats on your success so far!!

A in NS
on 12/15/10 8:33 am
Topic: RE: surgery done
So the swallow test went ok then   :)  Don't worry, it will get easier as the hours pass 

CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 12/15/10 8:14 am - Canada
Topic: RE: 100 lbs
Debbie

I would say that is quite a way to end the year - 100 lbs lighter!

And quite the freakin fantastic way to ring in 2011- 100lbs less of ya! lol

Congrats and welcome to the Century Club! Whooohooooooo

take care
deb

aka - Cdn Gastric Chicky on Facebook

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

mlm105
on 12/15/10 6:53 am - Mainland,NS, Canada
 not doing well keeping water down at all!!
CaperGal
on 12/15/10 6:18 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Glad to see it is all done. But how are you feeling? You never said.lol
Most Active