Recent Posts

ruthann49
on 12/17/10 8:35 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: What are the chances/reasons of being rejected for surgery?
Oh I forgot to mention . Have you been on the NS Capital Health website? There's tons of information about the surgery and the stages of diets pre and post surgery.
ruthann49
on 12/17/10 8:17 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: What are the chances/reasons of being rejected for surgery?
Hi Andrea,

I was just referred last week so I know what you are feeling If yougo back and look at old postes you will learn alot. I think the more problems such as high bloodpressure, diabetes etc. the better.If you are healthy it will be a longer wait! In the mean time I'm going to try WW again (for the 6th time) Try to put it out of your mind for now and enjoy the holidays!
Andrea S.
on 12/17/10 12:21 pm - New Waterford, Canada
Topic: What are the chances/reasons of being rejected for surgery?
Just wondering if anyone knows why one would be rejected for surgery. My referral was made on the 16th of November, what is the estiated time to get called for the group session? I am excited and anxious at the same time...I know, I have a long wait, just anticipating that I can get the surgery is sooo exciting for me. It's been a life long battle with this weight, I really have y hopes set on this surgery!!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year!

Andrea
 Angie from the Cape!
Kitty1975
on 12/17/10 11:21 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Question or two
Ok good, do you know if i will be seeing Diana at the pre-op? Or will i have to find her?

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/10 11:02 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Went out for supper...
I was just confused by Angie liking Subway but now that I know she gets salad, I understand.  I have never had the salad at Subway.  I prefer the ones at Sobeys. 
I work in Bedford so Petes is convienent but expensive so it is only a once in a while treat. 
CaperGal
on 12/17/10 10:05 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Topic: RE: Question or two
I took my binder with me but did not have to even open it.
I asked Dianne about that and she wrote me a slip to take home and give to who needed it. She stamps it with their stamp and that was it. She did not put wls on the note, just that I was having surgery and how long I would have to wait to return to work.
Kitty1975
on 12/17/10 8:35 am - Canada
Topic: Question or two
I was wondering if any of you took in a letter/note to your work stating how long you would be off work for? I asked my boss and she said even a verbal call would do the trick just so she knows for sure how long i will be off. (which will be five weeks) I was wondering who i would go to for that, as in who would i get to call or write a letter? Diana? Dr Ellesmere? Also my work knows NOTHING about it being weight loss surgery so whoever writes the letter or calls must not tell them. One last thing did anyone take their binder to their pre-op appointment?

Thanks again
Ginny
aka Kitty

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Kitty1975
on 12/16/10 10:22 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Pre-op appointment and surgery date
Thanks everyone! And thanks for the info guess i will be prepared for a long day at the hospital. Not that it should matter i do that days anyways since i work in one.lol

coreena691
on 12/16/10 10:21 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Topic: RE: Pre-op appointment and surgery date
Congrats!  Looks like 2011 will be YOUR YEAR!!!!  How great, with the holidays happening, it'll fly by so fast and you'll have other things to take your mind off the wait time.  Best of luck!!!!
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

coreena691
on 12/16/10 10:11 pm, edited 12/16/10 10:12 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Topic: RE: Went out for supper...
Petes Frootique is a GREAT IDEA!!!  I'll have to do that too!

If I have salad at home, it's usually fruit salad for my "chewing" issues! 

I agree with Oakley, you're not missing a thing with Subway.  I'm just at a different diet stage than most of everyone on here.  Do Not follow my meal plan, go by what the Dr. says!!!

VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Most Active