Recent Posts

ruthann49
on 12/21/10 6:21 am - Canada
Topic: RE: 5 Weeks Out
Wow good for you! Have a great Christmas!
raindancer80
on 12/21/10 3:34 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Met with the surgeon today
I just had a referral put through to Dr Ellsmere yesterday from my family doctor. How long is the process between getting the refferal to actually having the consultation with him? I was told up to 5 years! :(
DaniDragonfly
on 12/21/10 1:00 am - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: 5 Weeks Out
50 POUNDS GONE!!! That is two pounds heavier than my six year old!

What more needs to be said?

I feel fantastic and I'm even starting to look better. Lovin' the sleeve!!

Happy Holidays Sistah Frens ... all the best to you all!

D

DaniDragonfly
on 12/21/10 12:47 am - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: RE: surgery done
Oh Mel ... if it makes you feel at all better - I just wanted someone to shoot me for the first week after the surgery ... but, it got better in leaps and bounds after that. You likely already feel much better today from last week.

See if Citalopram/Selexa might help. It is much like effexor, but I was able to take it right away.

Hang in there, hun - it absolutely will get better!

D

DaniDragonfly
on 12/21/10 12:34 am - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: RE: What are the chances/reasons of being rejected for surgery?
Don't expect any answer on your referral for a while. The co-morbidities weren't a factor for me ... I was pushed through pretty quick (I honestly think it was because I was as healthy as I was)

Just as a time line, my referral went in at the end of Sept 09 and I wasn't contacted until Feb 10 for the March session. But I had my sleeve done on the 16th of Nov ... be patient ... hang in and try to stay positive (I know how hard it is ... hasn't been so long for me). It'll happen.

Best of luck to you - enjoy the holiday!

D

CaperGal
on 12/20/10 8:36 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Topic: RE: more problems for me
Well I called Dr. David Anderson (the hematologist in Halifax I have to see) She told me I was placed on a non urgent list. She said the Doctor looked over the reports and did not think it was urgent. So I asked her how long is this list and she said 3 to 6 MONTHS. Can you imagine. So I called my own Doc. to tell them and he is sending me for blood work tomorrow. Hopefully I won't need any more blood. I guess than he will have to contact Dr. Ellsmere again and see what they are going to do for me now. I sure hope that they can do me before I have to wait 3 to 6 months. One or the other. Man I am so angry about all this. So much to do before Christmas. I have to pick up my little sister at the airport tomorrow. She has not been home for Christmas in about 15 or more years. She and her family come home in the summer every couple of years. My mom doesn't have a clue about it. She will be so excited when I take her there tomorrow. She lives in Barrie and the snow is so bad up there she can't wait to get here even though it is so rainy. lol
It will be great having her home. She hasn't met my 2 youngest grandkids yet.
Ok Better stop now and rewind myself.
A in NS
on 12/20/10 6:01 am
Topic: Anyone have WLS books for sale or to lend?
Just wondering if anyone has any WLS books they are done with & want out of your way - I would love to beg, borrow or steal some  :))

Weight lost since surgery:

A in NS
on 12/20/10 4:32 am
Topic: RE: Stairs?

I didn't have any problem with stairs or my regular bed either  :)

Weight lost since surgery:

Mary C.
on 12/20/10 12:52 am - Glovertown, Canada
Hi - stairs shouldn't be a problem - I have lots in my place. Even after my open emergency hernia surgery last summer - I had no trouble with stairs. Just take your time. I also slept in my own bed - lots of pillows to rest an arm or leg on etc. Getting in and out of bed is a challenge at first - but you WILL have to move around and get your body used to it's new condition - as an RN -I have seen people tend to really minimize moving about because of pain/discomfort. But - getting up and moving around - within reason of course - is benificial in so many ways. Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/10 8:30 pm - Canada
I don't think stairs are going to be a problem.  They weren't for me.
I slept in my bed just fine too.
I didnt' need much help at my place, just getting the dog food bag in the house and my jug for the water cooler. 
The one thing I needed help with the most was my dog.  She can be pretty hard to handle so she stayed with my parents for a week.  I stayed with them for a few nights then I started going home at night. Then only a few nights later I took her back home with me.  Her face was so sad when I would go home and leave her there.  She didn't know why. 
Most Active