Recent Posts

Debbie T.
on 1/4/11 5:21 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Obesity Cruise
I love to cruise!!!! Are you thinking about it?
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
coreena691
on 1/3/11 9:51 pm, edited 1/4/11 1:45 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Topic: Next Support group meeting: Jan. 31st. *with Guest Speaker*
Owlss next support group meeting will be held on Monday, January 31st. 7-9pm at the Sackville Sobeys (community room).

Monthly meeting with Guest Speaker:

REGISTERED DIETITIAN
Lindsay Fredericks
Topic: Healthy food choices for weight loss - Bariatric surgery specific. 

**Regular meeting time 7-9pm, Dietitian will do presentation 7-8pm.

~All Members are WELCOME!~

Our meetings are having great turnouts covering a variety of topics.  We have a fantastic group who are comfortable sharing their own experiences & advice or just listening without judgment.  We are looking forward to having guest speakers join us at upcoming meetings soon.   

Hope to see you all at the next meeting! 

VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

coreena691
on 1/3/11 9:12 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Topic: RE: Post Holiday/Back to Work
I can add that through all these years, I've learned that people whether friends, family or foe, their jealousy is widespread.  Some people just can't accept to see others succeed or acheive success with a healthier life.  To make up for their own poor behavior they will say and do things to make theirselves look better.

I just keep this fresh in my mind to their ignorance and tell myself this person "is in denial of their own behavior and is trying to beat me down to make theirselves feel better".  ...It's just like the forever repeated and old line, "surgery is the EASY way out"!! 

Best solution is to smile and say, "I'm doing what is best for my body & health" and continue with what you need to do.  Do not cave in to their bad habits.....an addict's best friend is another addict.  And enablers are the worst!

Happy New Year to you as well and enjoy your journey in 2011!!!

A in NS
on 1/3/11 9:11 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Oz - Move it & lose it 2011
No, I didn't get mine yet either, but if you sign up today at 3pm est (If I remember correctly) and you're in the first 2000 people to sign up you get a free pair of nike sneakers - maybe they're waiting until after that to send out the confirmation letters? 

Weight lost since surgery:

coreena691
on 1/3/11 8:58 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Well I'm in for sure!  Luckily I didn't lose my "mojo" over the holidays so am looking forward to adding more or switching up my routine.  I've signed up but still waiting for the initial email with login details.   Did you get yours yet? 

A in NS
on 1/3/11 11:35 am
I'm going to give this a try - I need some inspiration to get back with the program!  Whose with me??

A in NS
on 1/3/11 11:17 am
Topic: Dr. Oz - Move it & lose it 2011

This was on Dr. Oz today - looked like it might be worth trying out!  Here is the explination from Dr Oz's website:

Eat Less. Move More. Lose Weight. Feel Great.

Dr. Oz, Sharecare and Nike are joining together to provide you with the tools you need to succeed in a complete nutrition, exercise and coaching program created specifically for you to meet your goals, lose the weight and keep it off.

Our unique interactive platform, you will stay connected every day for the entire 11 weeks with an elite training team of fitness and nutrition experts. They will answer your questions and keep you motivated along the way. We will track your progress, and keep track of your day-to-day data so that you can focus on beating the challenge.

This amazing program gives you all the tools you need to lose weight and feel great. Plus, there will be surprises, giveaways and special rewards for those who stick with it!

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/move-it-and-lose-it-2011

sussmack2004
on 1/3/11 5:37 am
Topic: RE: Post Holiday/Back to Work
As "they" say....you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family!!!! Fortunately you have a "super hero husband" who is there for YOU!
I am lucky and have a supportive family most of the time.  I come from a family of overweight folks.  They are very supportive of my weight loss but not so sure about the surgery....but oh well, I will do what I will do for myself, not for anyone else. 
Congratulations on the weight loss, 54 lbs is amazing and to keep losing through the holidays is huge in my eyes. 

I cannot believe that ANYONE would give you cookies for Christmas!! That is just wrong, but it takes all kinds!

Happy New Year to everyone and all the best for 2011

sussmack2004
on 1/3/11 5:28 am
Topic: RE: Getting back on track Post Holidays
Thanks for the positive comments.  I'm hoping I'm back on track now....
Happy New Year to you too!

Most Active