Recent Posts

coreena691
on 1/9/11 12:19 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Topic: RE: Truro and area support group meetings - your input is needed!
Way to go Angie!!!  The  dietitian for Sobeys will do presentations for your group if you are non-profit.  Also check around for personal trainers, etc.  Careful with GL though, their PTs are a little pushy for recruiting new members.  We're working with other gym owners to be our guests.

Hope you get a good turnout. 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

A in NS
on 1/9/11 11:15 am
Topic: RE: Yet another Newbie
Hi Kimberleyann,
Glad you decided to stop lurking in the shadows & come out & join us!!  :)  It's a great place to ask questions and meet some really great people...  Welcome! 

Weight lost since surgery:

kimberleyann
on 1/9/11 9:48 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Topic: Yet another Newbie
 Hello fellow Nova Scotians. I have finally after lurking on this forum gotten up the courage to go ahead and ask for a referral from my Doctor. After 20+ years of battling my weight up to 310lbs I have finally admitted to myself that I can't do this by myself. Thankfully I have a very supportive husband who just wants me to be healthy so we can live on into old age together. I look forward to reading and participating in this forum and to the next step in my life. I would welcome friend requests and look forward to learning from all your experiences.

imaybenuts
on 1/9/11 9:07 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Binder
on the qeii website dianne lawless email is there.... email her and ask her...she will tell u...shes great

30 lbs lost pre op

A in NS
on 1/9/11 8:54 am
Topic: Health Expo - this weekend - one in Truro, one in Halifax
There are two health expos happening locally:

Truro:  http://wellwithinhealthexpo.com/  -  Saturday, Jan 15 - Holiday Inn

Halifax:  http://www.optimyzlive.com/  -  Jan 15 & 16 - Exhibition Park

A in NS
on 1/9/11 8:23 am
Topic: RE: omg beccky look at her butt
suggestions - tell them Playboy called and you have to lose another 10lbs before you can be the centerfold!!  That should be enough to change the subject!  lol  Seriously, just tell them that wrinkles won't kill you, but fat will!   

A in NS
on 1/9/11 8:18 am
Topic: RE: Back to work ... gained THREE pounds!
I agree with Ruthann - get away from them asap but that's not always possible...  Soooo, here's what I do - if I'm feeling down, thinking I'm losing too slow, or just being hard on myself in general, I stop and think what I would be saying to someone else in my shoes.  I'll tell you this - it is definitely NOT the same thing I have been saying to myself - I would never say the things to someone else that I tell myself sometimes - I wonder where we learn to do that?? 

I do think that recognizing that you are being negative is half the battle - that's the first step to reversing the thoughts!  The next time you catch yourself doing it, use it as an opportunity to talk the thought through with yourself like you were talking to a friend instead of yourself!  It sounds corny & touchy feely and it feels very weird, but it might help!

Congrats on the loss - that's amazing!!!  You know you would think it was amazing if someone else had lost 56lbs in 8 weeks, right???  lol 

imaybenuts
on 1/9/11 6:35 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Where's Kitty??
HEY AMHERST FAM.... I HAVE HER ON FACEBOOK ILL SEE IF I CAN CONTACT HER!

30 lbs lost pre op

ruthann49
on 1/9/11 6:29 am - Canada
Topic: Where's Kitty??

Hi ,

I was wondering if anyone has heard how Kitty1975 is doing?? She had her surgery on the 5th of January. Kitty I hope you are having a great recovery!!

ruthann49
on 1/9/11 6:21 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Back to work ... gained THREE pounds!
Dear Dani,

Think how far you have come! 56 pounds gone!! Tell your self you will not always be working there and soon you will have a wonderful boss and great people to work with. Be good to yourself since you should be your own best friend! That 3 pounds will be gone in a flash and you will continue on your journey. I've been a very negative person all my life and found it was helpful to talk to someone.
Keep your chin up girl This will be a better week. Have people at work noticed? I worked at a job for 15 years that I hated. The girls were just like high school girls ,three of them hung out ,talked about me behind my back,forgot to tell me about meetings etc etc. Now I've been at an office that I love and everyone gets along and if a couple go out to lunch they always include the others.
Get away from these people as soon as your able, it will make a world of difference!

Most Active