Recent Posts

Kitty1975
on 1/10/11 1:28 am - Canada
Topic: RE: here i a here i am...lol
Oh and another negative ...My tail bone is numb i swear i will never get the feeling back there again...LOL

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Kitty1975
on 1/10/11 1:16 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Where's Kitty??
aww thanks so much for the concern! i am doing well, although the gas pain can leave me anytime it wants.lol

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Kitty1975
on 1/10/11 1:15 am - Canada
Topic: here i a here i am...lol
As most of you know i went in on Thursday to have my surgery. I wasnt released till yesterday and of course there had to be a snowstorm. So i had to stay over night at a relatives place. Sooooo today i finally made it back home. So just trying to get used to getting the protein in, although its rough at first i will admit that.

So my surgery went *text book* as Dr Ellesmere said. No complications whatsovever. Of course there were periods i was laying there in pain wondering what the hell i just did to myself. But i know in time i will be thankful.

Of course theres always negatives and positives to everything and everyone has a different story but will share some of mine.

Far as negatives go i will say the gas pain is quite the thing i have never experienced before. It is nothing compare to before surgery.lol And i have felt nauseous since surgery but i guess thats to be expected with my tummy learning to eat well *drink* again. The hospital room they put me in was one of the hottest in the hospital i was told. I swear it was a 100 degrees and i hate heat! Also when i was moved to stage 2 diet all they would let me have was water. I never did receive a tray while in the hospital. So the one nurse would let my boyfriend go down to the fridge and get a popsicle or juice if i felt like it. Also cause of my thyroid problem i had to have the breathing tube down my throat BEFORE i was to sleep. Lets just say i hope i never have to go through that again.

On the positve side of things the nurses were all sweethearts, the doctors were all fantastic. My surgery went through without any complications. They made me feel as comfortable as i could all the time. The greatset nurse was my boyfriend though. Who would wait on me all the time and give me sponge baths. He would only go home long enough to get some rest or work and be back at the hospital.

So now the road to recovery and work the tool as best i can. Its a long journey ahead of me and i am sure i can do it...

Move over ladies and gents i am on the losers bench now!

Thanks again for everyone who sent me messages!

Ginny
aka
Kitty

DaniDragonfly
on 1/9/11 10:40 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: RE: Yet another Newbie
Welcome Kimberleyann!

Congrats on making this important (and very brave) first step. I am in the Valley, too - and would be super happy to have a bariatric buddy in my area! My personal email is [email protected] if you would like to touch base with me.

Very best of luck! I will send a friend request.
D

DaniDragonfly
on 1/9/11 10:34 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: RE: Where's Kitty??
I think I was a good week before I could even think about being on the computer.

Hopefully all went well and she's just resting up.
DaniDragonfly
on 1/9/11 10:32 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: RE: Back to work ... gained THREE pounds!
Yes, you are right (as usual) ... and I know if I was on the other end of this conversation, I'd have all sorts of positive to spread over someone else. That's what we women do - we fill up every one else's cup and forget about our own. It's typical, really.

Getting away from my employer is much easier said than done. I am in the Valley and my boss is pretty powerful ... I once applied for a position at a local (very large and supposedly reputable) company ... and the manager called my boss to tell him I was looking for a job. I nearly got fired for it. My husband has made the comment that this job is like trying to escape an abusive relationship ... I think that's a little dramatic, but he isn't completely wrong.

I have been here for 7 years, and never gotten a raise. I run the mortgage department of a financial planning firm, so my job is somewhat 'specialized' and my skills are surprisingly not marketable. My plans are to finish a course I am chomping at the bit to take (have to be able to afford it, see), and then start my own business. I can do this around working here without my narcissistic boss-man being tipped off.

2011 is going to be the "Year of Dani" (well, actually Lisa ... as that is my real first name). I am merely biding my time with my new found 'healthy me' and soon I'll be learning my new vocation ... then the sky is the limit! I have dedicated Katy Perry's song "Firework" as my theme song for this year.

I just need to keep my inner voice singing it ... and everything else will fall into place.

Thanks for the pep talk. I can't tell you how much it means to me to have found such genuine people in this forum. For that, I am grateful.

Have a super week!

D

imaybenuts
on 1/9/11 10:23 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: omg beccky look at her butt
ooo i hear ya! i feel great and if i stayed this wieght i would not be unhappy thats for sure....but i would like to lose another 20-40 lbs.... sounds crazy but one of my goals was to be a size 16..im a 18-20 right now....some might say...wow really is that it...thats still big..but i think i would be content with that....i just dont go around my fam as often..i dont like to argue and we are a VERY confrontational family.... ding ding...round one....lol anyway just venting a bit...just get sick of hearing the negative when it was one of the most positive things that has happened in my life in a long time.THANKS GUYS...HOLLA

30 lbs lost pre op

DaniDragonfly
on 1/9/11 9:21 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: RE: Back to work ... gained THREE pounds!
Thanks, Ruthann;

I actually did drop four pounds by the time I weighed myself yesterday morning. I know it's silly to get caught up in what the scale says ... it's just REALLY hard not to let it dictate my mood. My 6 year old daughter is 49 lbs ... I keep looking at her and thinking "you have lost 7 pounds MORE than her!" I mean, I can barely lift her, and THAT has just fallen off my body - that should be enough motivation to prompt me to climb Mt. Everest... oddly, it isn't - not when in a stall.

Anybody who tells you that VSG is "the easy way to lose weight" deserves a knee to the goodies. Mentally, it is every bit as hard as any other method I have tried. The big difference I am noticing is that there is real physical help with the limitation that the surgery creates.

As a cautionary note, It doesn't do anything for your head ... you have to deal with that one all by yourself ... so, when the pounds stop co operating, it feels like the end of the world (to me) and ya just need a pick me up of some sort ... that would normally be when one might consider eating something 'bad'... old habits die really hard.

What I have found is if I can find a way to NOT do that, the weight will suddenly smarten up again and my mood goes back to positive and ready for the fight ... and all is well with the world once again ... or until the next stall (when I promptly forget everything that happened the last time and repeat the cycle again).

Hmmm ... I wonder if I should try to invent the "cranial sleeve" ... you know, cut out the part of your brain that acts like those nasty high school girls of which you spoke ... I could make MILLIONS!!

Three birds ... one stone ... I LIKE IT!

Glad you escaped your nightmare job ... this year is my turn ... just not yet. I have to get my own "house" in order before I can make any other big changes ... I've been here 7 years, so it isn't like I'm not used to it.

Oh, and ONE person noticed - the only one in the office that actually knew what "procedure" I had done. She made an appropriately big deal about how I look.

My chins are up ... another week, another step closer to my goal weight.

D

DaniDragonfly
on 1/9/11 9:00 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: RE: omg beccky look at her butt
Tell them to shut up and BUTT out!

Unless, of course you are happy at the weight you are ... I obviously have no idea how YOU feel about it. I think your body will stop losing when it is ready.

I am sick to DEATH of the "outside" comments I have been getting. In fact, my mother and sisters best start 'sensing my tone' or someone is going to get hurt ... and I don't just mean their feelings.

You do as YOU see fit. This one's all about you, baby!

Carly ~
on 1/9/11 2:51 pm
Topic: RE: Yet another Newbie
Welcome to the Forums, and welcome to the beginning of your journey to a wonderful, new, healthy lifestyle : )
Most Active