Recent Posts

Andrea S.
on 1/11/11 3:58 am - New Waterford, Canada
Topic: RE: Yet another Newbie
Welcome!!! I am fairly new as well and I LOVE this Forum!!! Everyone has been so nice and open with thier experinces. I have learned sooo much! My referral was made in November!!!! I will send a frind request!
 Angie from the Cape!
Andrea S.
on 1/11/11 3:53 am - New Waterford, Canada
Topic: RE: here i a here i am...lol
Congratulations!!! Glad all went well and you are your way to recovery!!!!! I am looking forward to hearing about your progress!!!
 Angie from the Cape!
A in NS
on 1/11/11 1:40 am
Topic: Truro & Area Support Group Meeting - January 23
Truro & area support group meeting:

Sunday, January 23
Time: 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Sobeys Community Room
68 Robie Street, Truro, NS

Please bring your own drinks/snacks

Hope to see you all there!  :))

Weight lost since surgery:

sussmack2004
on 1/10/11 11:48 am
So glad that you are home and doing quite well!  As well as can be expected after having your belly pumped full of air that just needs to find its way out!  Hopefully that will happen quickly and you can get rid of that pain. 
Glad that your surgery went well and best of luck from here on out 
Sus
sussmack2004
on 1/10/11 11:35 am
Topic: RE: Back to work ... gained THREE pounds!
So I think that I'd like to sign up for the "cranial sleeve"!!! I think that so much of this is in my head!

56 lbs is amazing and it's not always easy to quiet the negative voices in your head, but as someone else said, think about it like you were dealing with someone else because "we" would never be so hard on others as we are on ourselves!  

Keep up the hard work of losing, you are doing great
Sus
A in NS
on 1/10/11 10:38 am
Wow glad to hear you're home & doing well!!!  For the gassy pain have you tried gas-x strips?  I know it's from the air that they pump into your belly but I found it helped anyway - it also helped with the nausea I had... It might be worth a try if you haven't tried it.  It goes away pretty fast anyway  :))  Welcome home!

Weight lost since surgery:

Kitty1975
on 1/10/11 7:20 am - Canada
The pain is mostly gas pain which can get uncomfortable at times. I am on no pain killers though only tylenol then gravol for the upset stomach. Not sleeping a whole lot really. Havent had a good nights sleep in quite awhile not even while on pain killers. I walk quite a bit but doesnt seem to *relieve* me of the gas pains though although it worked on my boyfriend.lol

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
CaperGal
on 1/10/11 7:13 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
I am so glad all went well for you. Are you sleeping alot? Do you still have pain? Nice to have your man looking after you. Take care.
ruthann49
on 1/10/11 4:46 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Back to work ... gained THREE pounds!
I love that song!! Have a great week Dani!

ruthann49
on 1/10/11 4:37 am - Canada
It's so good to hear from  you Kitty!! It's great to hear all the positives and negatives with the surgery!!  You're on your way now!!

Most Active