Recent Posts

Kitty1975
on 1/12/11 1:42 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Silver lining?
Aww thats not good feel better soon! I have had a dreaded cough since being out of the hospital more annoying then anything. Dont wanna pop a gut and i mean that! lol

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
DaniDragonfly
on 1/12/11 12:10 am - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: Silver lining?
Well ... I am recovering from a NASTY stomach flu. Yesterday was pretty scary for someone who's stomach is being held together by surgical staples - let me just say.

There were points during the day yesterday that I thought maybe I wanted someone to smother me and just put me out of my misery. Hubby refused though, and now I am hopeful I am on the mend. I am back at work, though I think I will head home in a little while ... still not feeling great.

On the up side ... I lost 5 pounds. I know I will likely gain some of that back in the next few days, and that it is a special kind of twisted that can find joy in such a morbid train of thought ... but I guess that describes me ... a special kind of twisted.

Sooo for today, at least ... I am down 61 lbs! No high priced high colonic could have cleaned me out better than a 24 hour flu bug.

Anyone else suffering with the bug yet? It's a doozie!

D

DaniDragonfly
on 1/12/11 12:00 am - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: RE: Shower?
If you can, put large band aids over your staples and try not to get "full frontal" spray.

I showered the first day home after surgery ... just kept the big bandages on.
DaniDragonfly
on 1/11/11 11:59 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: RE: here i a here i am...lol
You should find a big change after pretty well every day from here on out. Angie is right about the Gas ex ... that stuff is a God-send!

Congrats on getting on the loser's bench! Glad everything went well.
imaybenuts
on 1/11/11 9:10 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Shower?
i showered a couple days after i got home...just make sure u dry well... be carfull the staples dont get caught...ouchhhhhhhhh

30 lbs lost pre op

A in NS
on 1/11/11 9:01 pm
Topic: RE: Yet another Newbie
This is the info they give you to print off for your binder for weight loss surgery - in there somewhere is the info for your Dr. to send them a referral (fax number I think) - it might speed things up for you if you provide the info to your family doc  :)
http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/default.aspx?page=SubPage¢er Content.Id.0=61088&category.Categories.1=112

Weight lost since surgery:

Kitty1975
on 1/11/11 10:58 am - Canada
Topic: Shower?
I have still been sponge bathing but i want to have a shower. I forgot to ask when we can shower after surgery? I just ask cause i dont have any bandages on obviously and i am full of staples

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
kimberleyann
on 1/11/11 10:32 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Thanks for the warm welcome and the friend requests.  I am compiling as list of my weight history, diet and exercise history and a list of heath issues I believe are the result of my obesity.  I hope to well armed with data for my appointment in the morning.  Any other things I should have on hand to give my doctor in order to get a referral?  I am nervous about just asking, Goodness how will I feel if I get approved.

Debbie T.
on 1/11/11 8:28 am - Canada
Welcome Kimberlyann
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
Debbie T.
on 1/11/11 8:27 am - Canada
Topic: RE: here i a here i am...lol
Welcome to the other side Ginny. Hang in there and it will get better.
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
Most Active