Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/11 7:48 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Exercising?
I had surgery on a Tuesday  and was walking short distances on the weekend. 

You should really try some short walks.  You can do it!!
CozyMommaOf2
on 1/14/11 2:17 am - Bridgewater, Canada
Topic: Question regarding a surgeon
I have just decided that I am going to look into lapband surgery. I was just wondering if anyone could give me a name and a phone number of a doctor that I would be able to call.

Also, does insurance ever cover part of the cost? I'm just asking because my husband has Blue Cross, and I do have a history of Diabetes in my family, and have already got some of the warning signs. I am actually on medication to help keep my blood sugar levels where they should be.

Thanks to anyone who can help send me in the right direction.

Tammy
Kitty1975
on 1/14/11 1:48 am - Canada
Topic: Exercising?
I am only a little over a week out and havent had the energy or the get up and go to exercise yet. I figure its still a bit early anyways. BUT how long were you before you could start exercising? Nothing big just going for walks etc?

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
ruthann49
on 1/13/11 10:57 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Any 45+ people out there?
I'm tony's wife. He is Susan's brother.   Tony looked at your pic and thought that was who you were but I thought you were younger ! How is your mom ? Is she still busy with all those teens? She is a special person to deal with all their issues! Great to meet you although I probably have before years ago.

ruthann49
on 1/13/11 9:15 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: stupid people!
I love your attitude Oakley!!  It is better to be honest but I hate nosy people that is one of my main pet peeves!

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/11 8:48 pm - Canada

I love the compliments! 
And I don't hide what I did with anyone.  Hell, I've been known to lift my shirt and show my surgery scars to strangers! 

I haven't had the "omg, I didn't recognize you."

imaybenuts
on 1/13/11 8:15 pm - Canada
lmaoooooooo.. i wish 20's yahooooooooo... im from the hill also...my whole family grew up here...the mcnallys ( carde).... its a small world..lol

30 lbs lost pre op

A in NS
on 1/13/11 7:58 pm
I agree Ruthann - she does look like she's in her 20's!!  :))

Weight lost since surgery:

ruthann49
on 1/13/11 7:45 pm - Canada
Enjoy Enjoy or wear sunglasses! lol  Don't feel guilty it's none of their business. I don't plan on telling many people if I get the surgery.  Have a great weekend! 

ruthann49
on 1/13/11 7:38 pm - Canada
Hi Nuts,

Just wondering who you are?? A small town like Amherst and you look familiar but I'm not sure. I'm not from here but my husband is (from the hill!)  I don't mean to be nosy . You look like you are in your twenties!

Most Active