Recent Posts

A in NS
on 1/15/11 7:43 am
Topic: RE: stupid people!
The compliments make me uncomfortable too sometimes...  I always feel like I have to offer up an explanation instead of just saying thanks (which is something I'm working on).  I absolutely hate all the 'how did you do it' questions - I'm one of the ones who didn't share the fact that I had wls - I just don't think it's anyone's business (if it was their business, I would have already told them lol)!!  Finally, I'll add "how much did you lose?" to my list of "mind your own business" questions!!  lol  Yeah, I'm gonna tell the 110 lb nosy neighbor that I lost the equivalent of her, plus her kid, plus her dog!  NOT!  I usually just say "a couple of dogs & a cat" or "a lot" and try to leave it at that!  Thanks, I needed that vent too!!!  lol

Weight lost since surgery:

A in NS
on 1/15/11 7:32 am
Topic: RE: Exercising?
I was out walking pretty soon after too - just stick close to the house or go to a mall where you can sit if you need to.  :)

A in NS
on 1/15/11 7:29 am
Topic: RE: Question regarding a surgeon
OMG Marge, that's AMAZING!!!  Jeff said you looked awesome but you must feel so much better not having to take so much insulin!  Congrats on your hard work!!

susanpalmer
on 1/15/11 5:55 am - annapolis county, Canada
Topic: RE: Hi S......
Hello doona lol still trying to figure this all out
novascotiadawn
on 1/15/11 4:53 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Topic: Hi S......
I wont reveal your name!!! But welcomeeeeeeeee to the board!!!

Hugs

Doona

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

MargeD
on 1/14/11 7:02 pm
Hi Tammy,
I had the VS on Nov 9th.   I was taking 36 units of Novarapid insulin with each meal and 104 units of Levemir insulin at night.   Now I'm not taking any insulin during the day and only take 30 units at night and I think that will soon be reduced.   My blood sugars in the morning are below 6 most days.  It will certainly help you get control over your diabetes.    Good luck in whatever you do!!!    Take care, Marge
MargeD
on 1/14/11 6:58 pm
Topic: RE: Any 45+ people out there?
Hey, I'm 55, almost 56. Had my surgery on Nov. 9th, started my 1200 calorie diet on Oct 4th and I'm down 58 pounds now.   Hopefully, when I get on the scales on Tuesday, I'll be down the 60 pounds.   It certainly makes you feel so much better - both mentally and physically!!!    I love it and have no regrets whatsoever.     Take care, Marge
Kitty1975
on 1/14/11 10:06 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Exercising?
Aww thats awesome. Just didnt wanna push myself too much yet but walking never hurts. Its about the only exercise i enjoy besides swimming. I do have an elliptical and a cardio twist machine to use when the weather is bad.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
CaperGal
on 1/14/11 9:08 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Well I think that the sleeve is the only one that they are doing in Halifax. MSI covers the operation. Is there a reason you are checking out the lap band? Your Doctor sends in the request for the surgery and than you go on a waitig list. Doctor Ellsmere said that after surgery my diabetes will be all but gone and that is a plus for me cos I am on 4 needles and 4 pills a day. I don't know if that helps but you can read all the other posts and get a lot of information from them.
CaperGal
on 1/14/11 8:48 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Topic: RE: Any 45+ people out there?
I guess I am the oldest here : 58 :-)
Most Active