Recent Posts

imaybenuts
on 1/16/11 12:10 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Any 45+ people out there?
omg small world..... mom is great.. ya she has all the kids still...think she will to she kicks the bucket... im sure we have met before... but untill then good luck!

30 lbs lost pre op

ruthann49
on 1/15/11 11:39 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: trying to get started on waitting list any ideas how long??
Good for you CaperGal!! You must be getting excited!

ruthann49
on 1/15/11 11:27 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: My new weight loss secret weapon...
We want pictures!!

CaperGal
on 1/15/11 10:59 pm, edited 1/16/11 2:50 am - Sydney Mines, Canada

There is a seminar that you get a letter about. When you get the letter that says "congratulations on having been identified as potentially one of the next 50 people to qualify for weight loss surgery (Gastric  Sleeve). Attending this clinic is Step 1 in the process of being considered for surgery."

Than it has the date and time to be there. They ask you to confirm by email if you will be attending and if you are bringing someone with you.(name and relationship)
It is a 2 hour seminar.
([email protected]) is her email, her phone # is 473-2970. I don't know if they ever tell you how far you are on the list.
(I was refered in the fall and got my letter in Jan. for the Mar. 1st session. I hope this helps.)

OK some misunderstanding here. I should have said March 1st of 2010 and the fall of 2009 when I was referred. Sorry about that. I was suppose to have my surgery on Dec. 7th 2010 but it is on hold til I get this blood thing that I am going through fixed. I called Dianne(Dr. Ellsmeres recpitionest) and she assured me as soon as I get the ok she will get me in right away.

A in NS
on 1/15/11 10:58 pm
It depends on the day - anywhere from 600 - 800 calories & up to 1000 some days.  I try to eat 4 meals/day - breakfast, lunch, dinner & snack - each meal I try to keep around 200 calories (give or take).  If I'm hungry in the afternoon I will have a snack then to, but I'm not usually hungry then.   I try to keep my carbs between 60 & 80 grams/day and 60 - 80 grams of protein.  I usually have a protein shake for breakfast but that's more for convenience than anything else - I've never really liked eating breakfast so I find it easy to grab a shake - the rest is regular food. 

Weight lost since surgery:

CaperGal
on 1/15/11 10:30 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada
well thank you very much for not trying to give it to the rest of us.   lol It would be nice to keep that 7 lbs off. But alass we all know water weight doesnot stay away.

But you are doing so well losing weight you will be able to get it off if it comes back.

Just wanted to ask you how much do you eat now? And is it all regular food?
ruthann49
on 1/15/11 9:55 pm - Canada
Hi Susan,

I've tried emailing Diana but haven't gotten a response. Let me know how you make out with a phone call. When were you referred?

novascotiadawn
on 1/15/11 10:54 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hi Susan

Welcomeeeeeeeeee!! and here is Diana's information.

Diana L. Lawlor MN RN-NP CDE Nurse Practitioner Obesity and Weight Loss Surgery 902-473-2970

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

susanpalmer
on 1/15/11 9:24 am - annapolis county, Canada
Topic: trying to get started on waitting list any ideas how long??
Hi I am on the waitting list to have the Sleeve Gastrectomy Weight Loss Surgery in nova scotia. I have no idea where I am on the list or how to find out.  I also believe that i have to go to a seminar does anyone know who or how to get ahold of the right people. keep leaving emails just get you are on the list.
A in NS
on 1/15/11 7:49 am
Topic: My new weight loss secret weapon...
and I'll sell it to you for $50/kiss lol - I have some sort of stomach bug which is giving me terrible runs for the past 2 days, which kind of sucks, but on the bright side, I lost almost 7 lbs in the last 2 days!!!  lol  Yeah, I know, it's just fluid weight but it sure was fun to see the scale move that fast again!

Don't worry, I'm not going to go around licking door knobs trying to get sick all of the time!!!  lmao

Weight lost since surgery:

Most Active