Recent Posts

Anxiously_Waiting
on 1/17/11 7:42 am
Topic: RE: trying to get started on waitting list any ideas how long??
I was referred a year ago and have not yet heard anything as well.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this round. I believe it is in March.  I don't know how they pick as I know my BMI is higher than some that have been chosen ahead of me.  It also depends on the number of health issues you have. 

Perhaps we will get a chance to meet at the information session...lets hope!
ruthann49
on 1/17/11 5:22 am - Canada
I got an email back fron Diana today saying I should hear from them in 2011 or 2012!! She said to get my binder together ,study it and try one of the stage diets. I'm anxious to hear what they tell you Susan! Best of luck!

DaniDragonfly
on 1/16/11 11:08 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: RE: My new weight loss secret weapon...
Had the same flu ... lost 6 lbs ... and they have actually stayed off.

No - I won't be licking door knobs, either ... that was a beast of a bug. Took me five FULL days to recover. Yuck!
DaniDragonfly
on 1/16/11 11:04 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: RE: stupid people!
Hmm ... this is an issue with many sides. I am in the category of wanting to keep my surgery choice to myself (I don't even use my own name on here ... and it's pretty safe here, I'd think). I told my Hubs, my mother and my closest friend in the world ... and that was it. My mother then blabbed it all over the place (telling my sisters, her co workers and pretty well every other geesly person she knows ... all the while running some sort of twisted poll on everybody's opinion on MY DECISION!) - I was vicious!

The compliments are nice ... I simply LOVE to hear that folks are noticing that I am losing weight ... the questions, not so much. If it is someone with a weight problem, I will tell them - happily ... if it is a person who is just being a tool, I don't give them anything. It isn't anybody's business, and I have found that many people are incredibly ignorant to this procedure.
DaniDragonfly
on 1/16/11 10:53 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: RE: Any 45+ people out there?
I just turned 38 in November (4 days after my surgery) ... down 61lbs - feel super!
CaperGal
on 1/16/11 10:08 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada
I would call Diana Lawlor, that is a long time to not get any response. She might tell you more about where you are on the list. Or send her an email. They take 50 people at a time.
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/11 8:18 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Exercising?
I would stick with walking.  I wouldn't try your elliptical or twist machine just yet.
Hedy C.
on 1/16/11 8:09 am
Topic: Anyone had a stricture after surgery that needed dilation?
I was wondering if anyone has had a stricture taken care of in Halifax?
susanpalmer
on 1/16/11 5:27 am, edited 1/19/11 6:33 am - annapolis county, Canada
Thanks everyone. I think i will try a phone call some time this week. my refurral was sent in around may of 2010 and have not heard a thing.
imaybenuts
on 1/16/11 12:13 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Question regarding a surgeon
look on the new b forum... bet they have all the info there... there is a dr in moncton... good luck

30 lbs lost pre op

Most Active