Recent Posts

ruthann49
on 1/23/11 5:46 am - Canada
Topic: RE: New Year's Resolutions!
Hi Dahtzie,

It's so good to see a new post on here!! I thought everyone was hibernating!!  I joined WW (for the 6th time) since I don't expect to hear anything for a while either. I'm trying to eat healthy and cut out nighttime eating. I plan on trying some of the protein drinks so I 'll know what to get when the time comes.I'm also getting my binder together and learning as much as I can. Good for you for cutting out pop! My downfall is coffee and I'm not ready to give that up yet!

Have a great week!

Dahtzie
on 1/23/11 5:08 am - Elmsdale, Canada
Topic: New Year's Resolutions!
Did anyone adopt a New Year's resolution with your weight in mind?

I have been referred for VSG but have not heard anything.  I thought for New Year's I would try to adopt something so I decided to stop drinking pop.  So since January 1, I have had no pop...no diet pepsi **sigh**...no diet coke **sigh**

I've adding sparkling water with either a splash of sugar free kool-aid or crystal light to it.  I get the bubbles and still get the water.

So, did anyone adopt a resolution? 
Can anyone suggest anything else to add to my liquid repetoire?

Dahtzie
on 1/23/11 4:34 am - Elmsdale, Canada
Topic: RE: Any 45+ people out there?
hi:  I'll be 45 this July.  I got referred for WLS in December and just waiting to hear something...anything...

Dorothy

sussmack2004
on 1/23/11 12:44 am
Topic: RE: Hi S......
Welcome! It does take a bit of time to figure out, especially if you are like me and have never used a message forum before, but I find it very useful, lots of great tips, inspirations and information about the good and the bad.
ruthann49
on 1/22/11 11:51 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: trying to get started on waitting list any ideas how long??
I suppose people will be eliminated or change their minds so there may be a chance we will get a call sooner. I'm getting my binder together and trying some of the protein drinks!

susanpalmer
on 1/22/11 6:41 am - annapolis county, Canada
ruthann49
on 1/20/11 10:57 pm - Canada
Wow it's great to hear from you KDorey! You are a real inspiration!

coreena691
on 1/20/11 12:07 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
So glad everything is still working out for you KDorey!! 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

CaperGal
on 1/20/11 9:29 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Well now at least you know that you are on the list. and who knows it might quicker than that. Mean time go to the site and print out the stuff for the binder or just read it. Try the diet they have and see what happens. Maybe some people will get off the list and you will get a call. Waiting another year isn't too bad. You might get a call next spring or fall. Please don't get too discouraged it will work out in the end.
Anxiously_Waiting
on 1/20/11 5:17 am
Thanks for your e-mail.  I did e-mail Diane and she told me I was on the list for 2012 or 2013.  I am extremely disappointed.  I was so looking forward to having controlled weight and BLOOD PRESSURE.  Like so many others this has been a lifelong struggle for me.  I will have to keep on trying for the next couple of years unless I find out there are other options in other provinces.

Thanks again for your note.
Most Active