Recent Posts

kimberleyann
on 1/25/11 3:29 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Topic: RE: trying to get started on waitting list any ideas how long??
OMG, 12 years is insane. I could save enough to pay for it in Mexico in that amount of time. I hope you get some help soon.

sasmom
on 1/25/11 12:19 am - Stellarton, Canada
Topic: Referrals
Hey Everyone!

I emailed Diana to check on my status and make sure that my referral was received from October and thank goodness I did cause they didn't have it!!! I got an email back from their admin assistant Rachel who was awesome!  and I had to get my doctor to re fax it but they put it where it should have been from the date on the referral and fax paper from before.  They said it is still about a two year wait... Has anyone gone through MSI themselves to try to get the approval? I emailed them and they emailed me back saying that it has to be pre-approved if I go somewhere else, even though I don't want to because I have heard so many good things about Dr. Ellesmere! Is there even any other physicians that do it in Nova Scotia?  They said if I go out of prov. then they cover the hospital (ward) and physician fees, not accomidations or travel... What would you suggest? Waiting it out or looking around and try to get the pre approval with my doctor's help?

Have a losing day!  :)
Kitty1975
on 1/24/11 10:32 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Where is everyone??
My check up with the team is Feb 16th and i go see Dr Ellsmere on Feb 17th.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
imaybenuts
on 1/24/11 9:53 pm - Canada
WHAT DO U NEED TO KNOW? MAYBE I CAN HELP?

30 lbs lost pre op

imaybenuts
on 1/24/11 9:52 pm - Canada
i know of someone from amherst that had operation last month...went to meeting last march.... could of had operation on oct..but work prohibitited her from going..... thats all i know...sorry

30 lbs lost pre op

kimberleyann
on 1/24/11 9:40 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada
Topic: RE: Any 45+ people out there?
Just shy of the 45 mark. Turned 44 this month but probably be 45+ by the time I get anywhere with this WLS stuff.

ruthann49
on 1/24/11 6:48 pm - Canada
Sorry to hear that Kitty. When do you go for your next check up? Every day will get brighter!

sussmack2004
on 1/24/11 11:07 am
Hi Capergal,
When I went to the meeting in August, they did say it would be about 6 months before you heard anything, so it is the same as they told you, and I honestly have not expected to hear anything yet, I just keep waiting and trying hard to keep losing. I do feel better having lost this much weight so far ! They also told us when we were there that they did a trial with us filling out the "long" questionnaire at the meeting that day. I think that probably it would have been better to fill it out at home with time to think about your answers instead of trying to rush through it to get it done, and I will let them know that when I hear from them.
My only concern now is that I am going away for the February break with my daughter and will be gone and am afaid that if I get the call when I am away that may cause a delay. I am very much looking forward to going though, so won't change my plans, just hope that the timing all works out! It must be exciting to know that you have been approved for surgery! Best of Luck
Carly ~
on 1/24/11 11:00 am
Or die waiting....

I've been on the 'waiting list' for 12 years this March.  Referral date was March, 1999.  The clinic decides who they do based on other co-morbidities.  Unfortunately mobility issues, sleep apnea, bronchitis, auto-immune disease, arthritis, etc. are not severe enough to bump me to the primary list.
The clinic has told me that I'll remain on the secondary list indefinitely, because their priority is to do patients with diabetes or heart disease.   Regardless of their referral date, they jump to the primary list.   They said there has been no relief from the patients with the other diseases to even look at the secondary list.  Too much demand just with the people with life-threatening diseases.
Diana told me each list has about 400 patients on it.  Diana told me the secondary list is sorted alphabetically, which makes no sense.  At the very least, the secondary list should be sorted by referral date.
Like I said, 12 years... in March I've been waiting.  Probably gained 100 lbs since I was first placed on the list.   Still holding on though...
Carly ~
on 1/24/11 10:57 am
Most Active