Recent Posts

kimberleyann
on 1/28/11 9:31 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada
Topic: RE: Pork rinds?
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2667/2

I keep hearing about how high the calories in sweet potatoes are, this link shows the caloric/nutritional facts. For 1 cup of baked mashed is 180 Calories, I after surgery I doubt very much that one would eat that much of it, after eating the protein portion of meal. Am I confused? I look at not only the calories but also the nutritional values which are excellent and it is a low Glycemic index, and very anti inflamatory.
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/11 8:50 pm - Canada
I ate a lot of scrambled eggs when I was on mushy.  So much so that I don't really want them anymore!
Kitty1975
on 1/28/11 12:19 pm, edited 1/28/11 10:32 pm - Canada
Oh good ideas thank so much. Yeah i have never been a fan of sweet potatoes but my tastes have changed a bit already and i havent even had the chance to eat yet.lol

Little over one week to go ugh! I have become obsessed with thinking of different things to eat only cause i cant yet.lol

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
A in NS
on 1/28/11 11:52 am
BTW the sweet potato fries are really high in carbs so watch that!  That's my treat now! 

Weight lost since surgery:

A in NS
on 1/28/11 11:50 am
I would think you would get more out of them (nutritionally) if you boiled them yourself - less processing...  You're allowed to treat yourself with whatever you like every now and again - we've still gotta live!!  :))  I used to LOVE mashed potatoes - and they're still OK, but I don't love them like I used to - I have a new fav. in home made sweet potato fries - funny, I never really liked sweet potatoes before! 

If you're looking for something to coat chicken breasts or whatever in, I use about a tablespoon each of sesame seeds, ground flax seed & bread crumbs with some spices thrown in - cuts down on the carbs and still is tasty!   I'm wondering if some crushed nuts wouldn't be good too...  again, have to watch the calories, but it would also up the protein & healthy fats.  If you find anything good let me know!  :)

Kitty1975
on 1/28/11 11:37 am - Canada
Yeah i imagine the fat content is quite high but thought it might be better then bread crumbs or such. I guess i will just have to stay away from all that stuff altogether.lol

Another question...

I will be on puree/mash soon so i will probably once in awhile have mashed potatoes. I know they are a no no but will treat myself now and then for something different. Was wondering if instant potatoes are best for that or just boil/mash  them myself?

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
A in NS
on 1/28/11 8:04 am
Topic: RE: Blue Nose Marathon - Support Please? :)
Thanks Ruthann, I started training to be able to run farther today!!  :)

A in NS
on 1/28/11 8:02 am
Topic: RE: How long did it hurt?
What kind of discomfort?  There is a full feeling that is like a pain (which does go away!) but I never really had any nausea...

A in NS
on 1/28/11 3:27 am
I haven't seen them anywhere yet - I'll bet they're high in calories though...

DaniDragonfly
on 1/27/11 11:34 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Topic: How long did it hurt?
Just wondering what the other experiences were out there for stomach discomfort (this would be, in my opinion, a mild term for it) when eating or drinking after surgery?

I am just about 11 weeks out and I am still experiencing fairly regular (and in some cases, substantial) discomfort after ingesting anything ... even water.

Anyone else experience this?

Most Active