Recent Posts

valleymom40
on 9/13/13 3:43 am
Topic: completed my first 5 km race.....

It has been soooo long since I have written on the site everyone must think I am not doing well.......WELL, I have lost 73.5 lbs since surgery on April 26th and couldn't feel better!!!! Just ran the Terry Fox Run with my hubby and son.  I am so happy that we actually completed it as a family and ran in public for the first time.  Without the help of this surgery (VSG)  I would not have the weight gone and without the support of my family I would not have had the determination to complete this goal.  I AM SO PROUD OF ME!!!!!!

novascotiadawn
on 9/12/13 2:54 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Topic: RE: Tummy Tucks ????

I don't think, but anything is worth a try! I had moved to Alberta and lucky enough they offered it! 

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

leaden
on 9/11/13 12:35 pm - Yarmouth Co. , Canada

so , if we have a vsg surgery in ns, can we get covered for skin removal or tummy tucks in other provinces?? some people travel from pei /nb/nfld to have surgery here, can we apply to get surgery there ?

IslandMomma
on 9/7/13 11:34 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
Topic: Come have a coffe in PEI...

Next date and time have been set for coffee ...if anyone needs to know, send me a friend request and we can meet up....

Tracey

novascotiadawn
on 9/7/13 11:52 am, edited 9/7/13 11:53 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

They don't cover ANY skin removal or tummy tucks! Other provinces do, but, NS is far behind! 

Spanxs work well

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

nsblue
on 9/7/13 8:48 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada
Topic: RE: questions

Dr B?? Where is he?  Not sure what his first consult is like. Are you from PEI? this is the NS forum, so consults here  and the manner in which their program works may be different.

In Nova Scotia the surgeon who does the VSG is Dr Ellsmere in Halifax. There is also a surgeon in Amherst as well who does revisions by the name of Dr MacDonald.

If a referral is sent to Dr Ellsmere for WLS  their basically is no consult with him until you are accepted into the Weight Loss Program...wait time for the program can be up to 10 years depending on co-morbidities. Once approved by the Team you then see Dr Ellsmere to sign for the surgery. and any final questions you may have.

Referrals for consults with Dr Ellsmere there is a wait... and once again depending on need is what determines the wait.

Dr MacDonald is a bit different, he only works so many months on and off so not really sure there.

kim_pei
on 9/6/13 3:27 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Protein Powders for sale, Unjury and Syntrax

hi...do you still have the powders?...Kim

kim_pei
on 9/6/13 3:25 pm - Canada
Topic: questions

Hi... Just waiting to go to mu first consult with Dr B Nov 6....really anxious but excited....can anyone tell me what happens at the consult?

IslandMomma
on 9/5/13 11:44 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
Topic: RE: Coffee Time in PEI.....

Excellent...and we are excited to see and hear your story...I will let you know when we get it organized....

T

macaulie4
on 9/5/13 9:29 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 07/09/13
Topic: RE: Coffee Time in PEI.....

Tracey, I would love to meet again. I would love to hear how everyone else is doing. I am free any time, so just let me know when and where.

Most Active