Recent Posts

valleymom40
on 11/30/13 4:46 am
Topic: Can someone give me a swift kick in the #$#$

Hi! I had vsg surgery on April 26th 2013 and have lost 95 lbs.  Great work you would think but lately I have not been behaving myself.  I am looking for a little support and motivation to make it to my goal of 125 lbs.  30 more would make me 160 lbs and that has been my goal since day one.  Eating wise I have been doing well but lately I have not been exercising and drinking some alcohol.  I had quit smoking for the first 5 months then started again .....HELP!!!!!!!  What is wrong with me!!!! I am still losing but not in the right way.  I don't know what has happened to my motivation and need a little help.  I think I have lost the drive and fear that I had lots of support in the beginning then it was gone.  My sister had the surgery in July and is doing well.  I fear that it is now a competition between us and she may win.  Not that I care but others seem to be pitting us against each other.  I feel guilty for the people that I have lost contact with in this website and fear that they will hate me as I appeared to gone silent after my surgery.  For that I am sorry and want to say I am sorry for the lack of communication.  I know this sound pathetic and  some one looking for sympathy but if you knew me you would not think that.  I just need a good kick in the butt!!!!!

nsblue
on 11/15/13 8:16 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada
Topic: RE: Out of Province Coverage

FYI in case anyone else reads. Dr Mac Donald retired finally a week ago friday. My friend who had gotten into see him last fall had surgery a week ago, so she got in before he retired.

nsblue
on 11/15/13 8:13 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada
Topic: RE: Tummy Tuck Tax deductable

Well if income tax only covers it if medically deemed necessary then hell MSI should cover it. I am not sure about tax exempt for i never heard of anyone claiming it... i will ask around.

I believe MSI will cover skin removal IF it is deemed or proven to be medically necessary ... BUT it is a very LONG process and many hoops to jump through to prove to them... and i imagine your doctor would have to be a strong advocate to be able to help you pu**** to be so.. I have heard people have breast reductions because of back problems and it's covered... i have heard of people getting scars on their face fixed by msi because of the mental anxiety it caused.

IslandMomma
on 11/4/13 3:39 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
Topic: RE: Coffee and new friends in PEI

Time and date has been set for 6:15, on Tuesday, Nov 12th...usual place...send me a private message if you are not sure about the location.....

Tracey

IslandMomma
on 11/3/13 11:19 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
Topic: Coffee and new friends in PEI

Next date and time have been set for coffee ...if anyone needs to know, send me a friend request and we can meet up....

Tracey

nsblue
on 10/5/13 8:52 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada

Dr MacDonald works so many months then off a few. A friend of mine had a referral to him last fall for a revision and is in the process of getting her cat scans, heart echo etc done n once they r done n he is back she will have surgery.done ... unsure if it's 3 months on and 3 months off or what exactly his schedule is.... but he isnt fully retired as of yet and still operates... just not the whole year. She had her doctor send a referral and she seen him in the late fall.

I also know a guy who had a hernia repair done by him in the last few years as well as another gal had a revision done who is a member here... think twas 3 years ago.

livelifeagain
on 9/27/13 10:57 pm
Topic: Tummy Tuck Tax deductable

I had my sleeve surgery in June 2011 and reached my goal weight.  Yeah!  Best decision I ever made.  I am planning a much needed tummy tuck soon which is not covered by MSI here in Nova Scotia.  Was wondering if anyone has successfully claimed the cost of a tummy tuck as a tax deduction with Canada Revenue Agency as it seems to be deemed 'medically necessary' in some other provinces.  The information on their website indicates cosmetic surgery is not deductable unless medically necessary. 

llLou
on 9/20/13 10:59 am - Halifax NS, Canada
Topic: RE: completed my first 5 km race.....

Congratulations! such great news!

beckymay26
on 9/16/13 11:40 pm - Canada

Hi NSblue !

Do you know if Dr.Macdonald has a long wait? i had heard he was retired ?!? but when i call the office i get a recording with his name , Dr.ellsmere was a lost cause :( , have you had contact with Dr.Macdonald at all?

Jackie00
on 9/15/13 10:19 pm
Topic: RE: completed my first 5 km race.....
Congrats and you are doing great
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Most Active