Recent Posts

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 3/1/14 12:16 am - Cole Harbour, Canada
Topic: Just moved here/need office #

Hi everyone

I have finally made the move from Ontario down to Nova Scotia. Its been coming for a couple of years but we've finally arrived. Husband is military so we are living in Dartmouth as he's been posted to Stadacona out of Halifax. I had my surgery in November of 2011 in Ontario and would like to call the office here to see if they would be willing to take care of my follow up. Can anyone provide the contact number for the bariatric clinic office here?

Thanks

Cherry

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 2/28/14 9:14 pm - Cole Harbour, Canada
Topic: RE: Spoke to the office for the first time

Hi, I just moved here from Ontario. Had my surgery in November of 2011. Was wondering if you would give me the number to the office here so I can inquire as to whether they would take me on as a patient here for my follow up appointments.

Many thanks

Cherry

PeaceOm
on 2/19/14 1:06 pm - Canada
Topic: Spoke to the office for the first time

I was referred by my doctor in April of 2011. I have called many times but never gotten through to a person. Today I called to leave a message about my phone number being changed and i got through. They were very nice, informed me about getting my binder together now rather than later. They also said they were currently doing 2008 referrals. I know I have a ways to go on the wait list but I am wondering if anyone knows if they are approximately year for year. What I mean is if they are up to 2008 right now, do you think it will be 3 years to get to 2011 or longer. I realize no one may know this but I thought I would ask.

My other question is this. I have a history of being able to lose weight but then gaining it all and more back. My doctor told me not to yo-yo anymore and she would rather I stay where I am than that. I am right on the border of between 39 and 40 BMI and while I do have asthma as a result of my weight I do not have many other contributing factors. I eat really very healthy but I eat way too much and feel I am a good candidate for this but I also know I could never afford to go to Mexico. I worry they will not take me if I am not at 40. I am just so tired of feeling like I am stuck inside a fat suit.

Thanks for listening.

auntieRhonda
on 2/9/14 9:02 am - Sydney, Canada
Topic: RE: Can someone give me a swift kick in the #$#$

Hi Heather :) my name is Rhonda and I live in Cape Breton. I too am considering going to mexico this year. Probably sometime in April. Did you pick a surgeon yet ? I have been on the waiting list for Capital Health in Halifax since 2009 and I called them to see if I am getting close and I was told it would probably be another couple of years. REALLY ??? So, now I am taking it into my own hands and would love to have someone to travel with if you are serious about going. I have been doing tons of research on the VSG in Mexico if you are really thinking about going or just want to chat, send me a message :D

auntieRhonda
on 2/9/14 8:49 am - Sydney, Canada

Hello ! So happy to see you are back. I actually reconsidered having the surgery after you disappeared fearing you had a bad experience. I am glad to see that everything went good with the surgery :) What you are going through sounds like what I feared would happen to me if I had the surgery. I tend to sabotage myself when things are going good. I recently started dieting and lost 25 lbs but guess what ....after 13 years of being a non-smoker I had a few drinks with friends and started smoking again. I tend to give up 1 bad behaviour and replace it with another. Ironically, I replaced smoking with eating 13 yrs. ago and found myself at 300 lbs. It's crazy I know & very hard to control. Maybe you should consider going to a dietician. Sometimes having to answer to someone gives you that kick you need. I also tend to sabotage myself if a friend is also on a diet and is competative. I honestly think it has something to do with low self asteem or fear that you will be made to look like a failure so you would rather just disengage completely. I recently came into some money and am considering going for the surgery, which would mean quitting smoking :S . Do you feel it was worth your while having it ? Or has your entire journey been bad ? I wish there was something I could say to help you with your issue :( If I think of something I will message you for sure :D

SteveyD
on 1/28/14 5:39 am
Topic: Military guy getting the run around

Greetings

I've been here since 2010 quietly reading and trying any option presented that I felt might help me loose the weight. 

3 years in and I'm no better for it.

Another member on the forum here provided me some information regarding the military spectrum of health coverage, I unfortunately meet or exceed the conditions required to further my request up to the decision makers in Ottawa but my M.O. is not willing to forward it. His personal view regarding WLS has been expressed verbally on several occasions over the last 18 months and he is not willing to support my request. 

I've essentially run into a military brick wall.

Anyone out there in the Halifax area that may know of a way to get my request further up the chain and hopefully into the hands of a supportive or at least impartial M.O.?

Cheers

megan1emma2lilly3
on 12/25/13 4:46 am - dartmouth, Canada

Hi,

I am thinking of going to Mexico in 2014 just wondering if you could share your experience I am nervous

Heather

megan1emma2lilly3
on 12/25/13 4:44 am - dartmouth, Canada
Topic: RE: Leaving today to fly out tomorrow morning!!!!!!

Hi,

I am looking at going to Mexico in 2014 to have a gastric sleeve, just wondering what your experience was like?

Heather

valleymom40
on 11/30/13 6:19 am

Thank you sooo much for emailing me.  You were one of the people that gave me so much help at the start and I have excluded from my life.  I do want to meet for coffee and will PM you about Monday? If that works.  Thank you, again!

kimberleyann
on 11/30/13 5:57 am - Kingston, NS, Canada

What is it people say? Admitting you have a problem is the first step.  You know what to do. You followed the plan initially, go back to basics. If you want to meet up for coffee and talk, PM me. Asking for help is not pathetic!

Most Active