Recent Posts

auntieRhonda
on 5/6/14 3:06 am - Sydney, Canada
Topic: RE: I week post op. from VSG in Mexico with Dr. Ramos Kelly

Wow that's great ! I made 1 little mistake and ate a bit of peanut butter and suffered for it. So, even though it was a bad thing to do , it taught me a great lesson and I am sticking to the rules from now on ! I am so happy for you and glad to hear things are going so well. My goal is to start running as well eventually. Are there any foods that you have tried and had a hard time with ? After the PB incident I am nervous to eat anything other than my protein drinks, jello and watery soup.

valleymom40
on 5/6/14 1:25 am
Topic: RE: I week post op. from VSG in Mexico with Dr. Ramos Kelly

I am so happy for you!!!! I had him, too, last year (April 26, 2013).  He is great !!!!!  I have lost 120 lbs and still going....I run now and haven't felt better in my life!!!! You will love your sleeve.  Just do what your suppose to and things will be fine....let me know if you need anything.....

auntieRhonda
on 5/3/14 11:01 am - Sydney, Canada
Topic: I week post op. from VSG in Mexico with Dr. Ramos Kelly

I just got home yesterday from Mexico. So happy with my results so far. Dr. Kelly is an amazing surgeon who truly cares about his patients. He has called me already to see how my trip home went and to ask how I am felling. Very caring and compassionate man and great surgeon as well. I went alone and was very nervous but Dr. Kelly's fabulous co-ordinator Fabiola stayed in close contact with me the whole way. I cannot say enough about Dr, Kelly and his staff...fantastic !! The whole experience that honestly,  I was dreading turned out to be a great from start to finish. The nurses were very attentive and caring . They don't speak a lot of English but we managed just fine. I even got to walk around the silver shops in Tijuana 2 days after my surgery and had no problems. The only pain that I experienced was some gas and sore abdominal muscles like I had done 50 sit ups the day before and it didn't last very long. If anyone in Nova Scotia is thinking about going for VSG or other surgery in Mexico and would like some info I would gladly tell you my entire experience. I did lots of research and am so glad that I picked the right surgeon.

valleymom40
on 5/1/14 8:04 am
Topic: RE: Why? Years, Years, Years waiting for Help

Go to Mexico and get it done by Dr. Kelly.....I am a year out with 120 lbs gone.  Haven't looked back!!!! Best $6000 I have ever spent!!!!! I waited two years and wished I had just gone to Mexico and started the journey earlier.....find the money and get on with a new more happier life....now is the time....you won't regret it!

DustyB
on 4/24/14 12:33 pm - Canada
Topic: Why? Years, Years, Years waiting for Help

Hi,

Does anyone know why we in NS must wait nearly a Decade of our life to receive the care needed to improve our health.

With all the medical problems excess weight causes, you would think it would be worth our tax dollars to help those in need.  It is excruciating to see the short time individuals wait in other provinces.

DustyB
on 4/23/14 4:40 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Anyone know what year they are currently at?

Do not know what year they are working on.  Seems the most secretive system.

On the list for 4 years.  No info whatsoever.

PeaceOm
on 4/22/14 12:21 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Anyone know what year they are currently at?

The main reason I am asking is because when I spoke to the office recently they mentioned being at 2008 referrals. I then looked through this site and see many people from post dating back to 2012 saying they were referred in 208 so I am left thinking to myself. Have they not gotten past 2008 referrals in the last 2+ years?

PeaceOm
on 4/21/14 1:43 am - Canada
Topic: Anyone know what year they are currently at?

I am sure this is a common question. I am only 3 years out but I was wondering if anyone knew what year they were up to.

I am also interested in any help/guidance about making the folder/notebook. Do you simply copy ALL the paper and forms and stick them in a notebook?

Thanks so much.

B in NS

Frank P.
on 4/10/14 9:04 pm - Aylesford, Canada
Topic: RE: Just moved here/need office #

The Obesity Network at Capitol Health and Dr James Ellesmere. You will probably need a referral letter from your surgeon in Ontario, as his team are picky about that kind of thing..

Here's a link:  Just cut n paste it....

http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/obesity-network/contact 

llLou
on 4/1/14 11:33 pm - Halifax NS, Canada
Topic: RE: Can someone give me a swift kick in the #$#$

Hi! You have lots of support here on OH. We all have been through the ups and downs after surgery. You have been doing great on your weight loss journey. I am so glad that I have never smoked because I know it must be such a struggle to stop. Good luck! Message me or email me if you like.  Linda

Most Active