Recent Posts

KRS2014
on 11/6/14 3:13 am
with
Topic: RE: Claiming the cost of WLS on income tax

Susan,

Did you have a receipt? I don't have one but could probably get one. When you say it was worth it can you elaborate? Thank you,

Kim

KRS2014
on 11/6/14 3:11 am
with
Topic: RE: Starting pre-op diet tomorrow! Heading to Tijuana, Mexico in 2 weeks!

I am now 11 weeks post op and down 40lbs in total! I feel awesome. I am eating regular food, however focusing on protein and not interested in a lot of my old favorite junk foods. I haven't had any bread, rice or pasta and have no cravings for them! I haven't touched Pepsi at all which I was so addicted to months ago. My taste buds have changed. I'm never hungry and have to remind myself to eat. I would highly recommend this surgery to anyone and everyone!

susanpalmer
on 11/5/14 11:49 am - annapolis county, Canada
Topic: RE: Claiming the cost of WLS on income tax

Yes i claimed and it was worth it.

susan palmer    
highest weight 280 current weight 186

auntieRhonda
on 10/26/14 10:40 am - Sydney, Canada
Topic: Claiming the cost of WLS on income tax

Hello fellow NS sleevers :) I have a question for anyone who claimed their surgery medical costs on their income tax in the past few years. Is it worth claiming ? Did you get any reimbursement from the government for the costs of the surgery etc. ? Would love any info that someone can give me on this subject. Thanks :D

DustyB
on 10/25/14 9:52 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Dr. MacDonald: Retired?

Yes, waited four years.  Self-paid for life saving surgery.

Shame on NS

Frank P.
on 10/22/14 10:11 pm - Aylesford, Canada
Topic: RE: Dr. MacDonald: Retired?

There is one surgeon in NS doing Gastric Sleeve surgery, Dr. Ellsmere at Capitol Health... But be forwarded, they have over a 12 year waiting list for surgeries.(But they will put you on the list) Sadly many have been forced to chose to go to Mexico or elsewhere because of the wait times. Our province is so backward it is not funny, it is very sad actually.... :-(

debbie2011
on 10/4/14 10:12 am - Canada
Topic: Dr. MacDonald: Retired?

My doctor sent a referral to Dr. MacDonald for me 4 years ago. I saw on this site that he recently retired! What about my referral? Anybody know what will happen? Are there any surgeons in Nova Scotia still performing these surgeries?

KRS2014
on 9/12/14 1:11 am
with
Topic: RE: Starting pre-op diet tomorrow! Heading to Tijuana, Mexico in 2 weeks!

I am now 3 weeks post-op and feeling great! I had a wonderful experience in Tijuana, Mexico and would highly recommend Dr. A. Lopez and his team. I was very well taken care of from start to finish. I had surgery on August 20th and stayed 2 nights in the hospital. Then got discharged and stayed at the Marriott for another 2 nights. I felt well enough that I could have headed home right away. I went on two tours after my surgery. Not long tours but a few hours to get out and see Tijuana. We went shopping, driving around and to the beach. It was awesome! I met some really great people in Tijuana from all over Canada and the US who were all having weight loss surgery too. We have become life long friends and have been keeping in touch via Facebook. I have lost 16lbs since my surgery and I lost 10lbs before my surgery on the pre-op diet. So, a total of 26lbs in 5 weeks! I have energy, I am working full time and have a 3 year old daughter. I'm a single mother so I have a lot of responsibilities. This surgery is the best thing I have ever done for myself!

ruthanngood52
on 9/1/14 11:21 am - Amherst, Canada

Just wondering how you are doing and how was your experience?

KRS2014
on 7/22/14 11:48 pm
with

Just wanted to update everyone. I made it to the airport on July 8th ready to head to Mexico. I had completed my 2 week pre-op diet and was looking forward to getting sleeved. My flight was to depart at 9:30am from Halifax on United Airlines and heading to Washington and then San Diego. After 5 hours of delays because of a flat tire my flight was cancelled. I got rebooked on a flight to Toronto with Air Canada leaving at 4:30pm. I would have 50 minutes to make my connection, including going through customs. When I got on my flight they announced a 45 minute delay because of lightning and heavy rain in Toronto! I made it to Toronto, missed my connecting flight and was put up in a hotel and told my flight to San Diego would depart at 6:30pm the following day! That would mean I would miss my surgery :( I phoned Mexico to ask what I should do. Do I keep going or turn around go home? I ended up turning around and coming home because my surgeon wouldn't be able to fit me in. I could have seen a different surgeon but I had done tons of research on Dr. Lopez and really wanted him. So, I am now booked for August 20th. One great thing about all of this is that this time I won't be going alone. One of my best friends has decided to have the surgery and we will be going together. There is a reason for everything :)

Most Active