Recent Posts

KRS2014
on 4/28/15 4:38 am
with
Topic: RE: 4 months since VSG in Mexico! No regrets!

I paid $4500 for my surgery and $900 for my flight. I know there are cheaper flights out there though. Mine was that much because I waited until the last minute to book. I got funding through Medicard. It's like a loan or credit card for medical purposes. They lent me the money for the surgery as well as the flight. No, I didn't bother with insurance. I would do it again tomorrow!

mackinlm
on 4/27/15 2:51 am
Topic: RE: 4 months since VSG in Mexico! No regrets!

How much for your surgery and travel, etc.  Do you get help with the finances?  Did you have insurance?

Kaldag99
on 4/9/15 4:38 am
Topic: where to get a defill in NOva Scotia

Is there anyone doing fill/defills for lapbands in Nova Scotia

Kaldag99
on 4/9/15 3:04 am
Topic: RE: dr mac donald Allan nova scotia

Hi I am working here in NOVA Scotia from Ontario.  What great people here.  I am looking for a lapband dr, or fill/defill nurse who could do a defil while I am here.  I am having no lucy finding a dr or nurse to do this.  I have tried to contact Dr. Allan Macdonald but it seems he has retired.  Any help you can give me I would be very grateful….

skippyroo
on 4/6/15 3:41 pm - Halifax, Canada
Topic: Going to mexico for DS

No one has posted here this year it seems , so wonder where you all are. Looking for anyone who has had DS surgery. I am going in June to Mexico.

Helen__C
on 3/9/15 6:17 am - Canada
Topic: Canadian Obesity Network Wants Your Input! Quick poll: Do we need a national engagement strategy?

The Canadian Obesity Network (CON-RCO) is seeking your input regarding initiatives that may be underway to help engage, support, and empower individuals affected by obesity in Canada. Do you feel that there is a need for a nation-wide bariatric patient engagement strategy in Canada?

Please follow the link below to select either 'Yes' or 'No'. Thank you!

http://goo.gl/jZde2H

Nessa-B
on 1/13/15 4:19 am
Topic: RE: New to this forum!

Hello, I'd love to talk with you. I live near you and am hoping to get bariatric surgery. I'd love to hear about your experience. 😊

KRS2014
on 12/23/14 10:35 pm
with
Topic: RE: I week post op. from VSG in Mexico with Dr. Ramos Kelly

Hi Dianrp,

I'm from Saulnierville, not far from you and had my surgery in Mexico in August. I have lost 52lbs so far and feeling great! If you would like to get together or give me a call I would be willing to answer any questions you may have. It's honestly the best thing I have ever done for myself. I have no regrets.

Kim

KRS2014
on 12/23/14 10:32 pm
with
Topic: 4 months since VSG in Mexico! No regrets!

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update for any of you considering getting sleeved. I had my surgery in Tijuana, Mexico on August 20th 2014. I am down 52lbs! I love my sleeve and my new body. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me anything. My whole experience has been positive and I have no regrets. Best of luck to all of you!

bandednadia
on 12/4/14 4:27 am - Canada
Topic: New to this forum!

Hey Everyone! 

I just joined this website to get some more support along my journey! I am a 24 year old woman living in Halifax (born and raised)! I recently had lap-band surgery, well May 2, 2014. I traveled to Ontario for my surgery and wouldn't have changed a thing! My aunt had the slimband implanted approximately 4 years ago and she always told me I would benefit from it, and I am so glad I listened to her.

I am an emotional eater, I eat when I am happy, sad, bored, angry..well you get it. I have to say that hasn't changed with the band (because it is apart of who I am) but what has changed is the amounts that I consume when indulging. My pre-surgery weight (detox) was 252.8, day of surgery I was 238.8 and today, as I write this I am 217.8 (I guess my body likes the .8's). The one thing I promised myself before this surgery is that I would remain committed and not get hung up on the number, although that is hard. That might be the reason that I haven't lost a lot of weight at once...but I am super happy with my progress...I haven't gained one pound--just had a few plateaus! 

I have not be an ideal surgery paitent, because I still eat what I love, just in little portions. I have a hard time getting my protein in because to be frank, I just don't like the texture of chicken, I don't like the taste of fish and I don't eat eggs- so that leaves me with red meat and vegetarian proteins (I have some Channa Masala simmering on the stove right now! Yum)! I am living my life and using my and as a tool, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am here to answer any questions you may have! Don't hesitate to ask ! 

Most Active