Tummy Tuck Tax deductable

livelifeagain
on 9/27/13 10:57 pm

I had my sleeve surgery in June 2011 and reached my goal weight.  Yeah!  Best decision I ever made.  I am planning a much needed tummy tuck soon which is not covered by MSI here in Nova Scotia.  Was wondering if anyone has successfully claimed the cost of a tummy tuck as a tax deduction with Canada Revenue Agency as it seems to be deemed 'medically necessary' in some other provinces.  The information on their website indicates cosmetic surgery is not deductable unless medically necessary. 

nsblue
on 11/15/13 8:13 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada

Well if income tax only covers it if medically deemed necessary then hell MSI should cover it. I am not sure about tax exempt for i never heard of anyone claiming it... i will ask around.

I believe MSI will cover skin removal IF it is deemed or proven to be medically necessary ... BUT it is a very LONG process and many hoops to jump through to prove to them... and i imagine your doctor would have to be a strong advocate to be able to help you pu**** to be so.. I have heard people have breast reductions because of back problems and it's covered... i have heard of people getting scars on their face fixed by msi because of the mental anxiety it caused.

Most Active