does msi cover gastric bypass if its causing many health problems?

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/13 6:34 am

i am 31 years old and no matter what i do...the gym or diet . i always feel hungry and still gain wait ....i am trying to be approved for gastric bypass because im having severe health problems....does anyone know how i proceed...

auntieRhonda
on 5/4/13 7:57 am - Sydney, Canada

Hi there :) MSI does cover the surgery here in Nova Scotia if you meet certain criteria. You will have to get your Doctor to put an application through to Halifax at Columbia Health Network. The only Dr. that does this surgery is Dr. Ellesmere and his waiting list is years long. I applied 3 years ago and still have a 5 years wait. You may want to consider saving your money and ng to Mexico to have the surgery. It is half the cost and you can have it done as soon as you have the money. I am not sure of other provinces.

rayne23
on 5/4/13 12:26 pm

aww this is so sad that you guys have to go through so much just to get this surgery done.In Ontario it can take as little as 3-6mons from referral to have this done.Maybe you should look into doing in Ontario and what the steps are for out side your Province.

Most Active