My Dr. SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

valleymom40
on 10/17/12 5:40 am
 ..went to see my "fill in " Dr. ( mine is away for an undetermined amount of time) and she refused to sign my work sick /return to work form and thinks I should try her new diet before I commit to the VSG surgery...ANNOYING!  She also asked what the procedure is if I have complications with the procedure after returning to Canada....she says that Dr's here will probably not see me because they did not do the "work".  Have you heard any horror stories like this?  I am going to wait to talk to my internal medicine Dr when he returns from vacation in two weeks.  Hopefully he will see me and sign the papers. Hopefully he will see me and sign the papers.....who knows. I am very frustrated with the health care system in Nova Scotia...They don't want you overweight but don't support you when you are trying to do something to help. Any suggestions? 
kimberleyann
on 10/17/12 7:23 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Sorry to here this. My doctor has been very supportive. I do know the bariatric doctor in Halifax will refuse to see anyone that he has not treated.  What is her special diet that will work when all the others have failed? Really she has the secret weapon that will end obesity and she hasn't marketed it. Hope your other doctor/internest is more supportive.

sonywife
on 10/17/12 9:33 am - Elmsdale, Canada
VSG on 10/24/12
I don't need this form, I just told work I'm having surgery and I'm taking 2 weeks off..lol

Can't you get your Surgeon or thier team to sign it? Have you spoken with your facilitator?

valleymom40
on 10/17/12 11:24 pm
 I am so frustrated with the whole thing.....I will continue with the battle, though.  The Dr. yesterday even said " well, if you have to wait 10-15 years in Nova Scotia what is 6 months on her diet to see if it works." What a moron!  She was so condesending to me I just wanted to walk out of the appointment.    
womann1973
on 11/21/12 12:37 pm - Canada

HI Valley mom 40,

is the bariatric surgeon you're seeing the only one in Halifax?? I was banded in 2011 and I can't seem to find a surgeon who will take me and look at me to follow me when I am transferred from Montreal to halifax in jan 2013.  Could you please give me his name and contact number if you don't mind??  It would be such help so I can start somewhere..

Most Active