It's sure been a long wait!

mandy2009
on 6/25/12 2:14 am - Halifax, Canada
Hi

It's been more than a couple of years since I logged into the forum as nothing has been happening... until recently!

My referral was sent to the WLS clinic in 2008 and I am attending my info session on July 4!!!

I've got my binder ready to go, can anyone tell me what to expect there?

Thanks!
ocean37
on 6/25/12 4:53 am - Lunenburg, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13
Hi Mandy .... I am also going to the July 4th clinic.  I also have my binder all ready and I am sooo excited to get this started!

Danielle
mandy2009
on 6/25/12 5:01 am - Halifax, Canada
 Me too Danielle! I wonder how long the next part of the process will be!
kimberleyann
on 6/25/12 8:43 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada
congrats you guys for sticking it out.  hopefully the rest of your journey will go quicker. I don't know about the time line in Halifax because I refused to wait 10+ years and went to Mexico, but VSG is the way to go, I am 8 months post op and running my first 5k this Friday. You will do great.

Kitty1975
on 6/26/12 5:42 am, edited 6/26/12 5:45 am - Canada
Congrats you guys! I know how exciting it can be! I had my first session March of 2010. I remember learning about the surgery, asking questions, getting weighed and filing out papers. More or less its an info session. They gave me 6 months to lose 10lbs. Sounds so easy doesnt it? So they denied me surgery and gave me ONE more chance. They gave me two months to lose 20lbs. I thought yeah right thats impossible. But i stuck to it and put my mind in it and lost 24lbs! They then told me i was approved and then the waiting game for the phone call. I was called in December 2010 and was operated on January 6th 2011. Let me tell you its the best thing i have ever done for myself. Good luck on your journey!

PS just anyone know how i can get my ticker back?

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
mandy2009
on 6/26/12 11:56 pm - Halifax, Canada
Thanks for the info! So they told you at the orientation that you have 6 months to lose the weight? When do they schedule those 6 month follow ups? At the orientation? Or later by mail or phone?

I really appreciate all the input! Hate the unknown!
nsblue
on 6/30/12 1:31 pm, edited 6/30/12 1:32 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada
Congrats on getting your appointment!!
I attended my info session last year on June 15th....I had my one on one on Nov 4th... my surgery was Dec 6th.
This year info sessions and dates are moving fast. Some people I met at March's info session where I was guest speaker are having their one on ones already and have their surgery dates.

At the info session you will be told what you need to do. You are told to start ASAP.... follow their program and wait for them to send you your appointment for your one on one.....at which time they will look over your food logs see your progress, weight loss etc and assess whether if you  fully understand and are doing what you should....if you are, you will then have the green lite for surgery...usually within a month.  DONT DO AS THEY TELL YOU and you will delay your self for surgery.

JoyceSen
on 7/13/12 2:38 am - Canada
Hi MAndy,
I was at the session on July 4 as well. It was a lot ot takse in and getting used to the new diet is a *****allenging.  My partner feels guilty eating in front of me. Can't wait for the first 2 weeks to be over. Like you I waited 4 years for the appontment and was thrilled to get the letter.  I guess we'll just have to wait to hear from Diane for our next appointments.
How are you making out so far?
Joyce
JoyceSen
on 7/13/12 2:40 am - Canada
OMG. I don't know what's up with the astericks that appearewd in the message but I was not swearing. They did not appear in the message until I hit submit. I'm so embarrased.
Joyce
mandy2009
on 7/15/12 9:20 pm - Halifax, Canada
Doing ok so far Joyce!

I wish they had given us a better indication of when we would hear from them again!
Most Active