update

CaperGal
on 9/16/11 10:08 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
well I saw the Urologist yesterday and he told me my last blood work (Monday) showed a lot of improvement. I have to have blood work next Thursday and that hopefully will be the normal one. Most of my levels are back to normal. They figured it was the antibiotic that I was on that got me so out of whack. They took me off Metformin and blood pressure med. and lowered my insulin to 10 and 5.
I am still struggling to get enough liquids in me. I can't get anything in excep****er. I talked to Diane and she said You have to keep sipping and get the boost in at least with the protein powder. She doesn't understand that I can't get anything in at all. I know that is bad and I guess the next thing I will end up in the hospital for malnutrition. lol
But on a better note I have lost all the weight I gained from fluid. and even lost 2  more beside that, woo hoo. So now I am down 28 lbs. So I gotta love that. 
susanpalmer
on 9/16/11 12:40 pm - annapolis county, Canada
Glad to hear that things are turning around. just keep moving forward and sip sip sip

susan palmer    
highest weight 280 current weight 186

Kitty1975
on 9/17/11 1:58 am - Canada
Aww thats great! Congrats on the weight loss

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Carly ~
on 9/19/11 7:34 am
 Good to hear that you're losing weight Caper, not great that you can't drink anything.  I'd want to follow that up with an appointment for the surgeon.  You honestly should have been able to drink before leaving the hospital.  It wouldn't hurt to have that looked into.
I hope it's just a slow healing thing, and you're well on way in recovering.

A in NS
on 9/22/11 1:49 am
Awww that's so great to hear!!!  You're on your way now baby!!  :))

Weight lost since surgery:

CaperGal
on 9/22/11 2:42 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
had my blood work done today for the urologist. Last week he said everything looks good now. I have my visit with Diane and the team I guess, on Tuesday. I am drinking more now but it is so hard to do. I try to eat a little too.It is amazing how little you can eat after this surgery. I am still learing that. lol Sometimes I forget and drink something too fast and thats not so good believe me. I am glad that I had the operation even though I have been so sick at times. I have to be back to normal by Oct.6th. cos I am going to Bangor for 4 days shopping with the ladies of our legion auxilary sorta a bus tour for shopping. Lots of fun. Take care guys.
nsblue
on 9/25/11 9:53 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada
Good to hear you are finally getting your fluids in. I can only imagine it being very frustrating not being able to drink like before.... and feeling like you are not getting anywhere. Your sips are amounting to something CaperGal...keep at it!! before long this all will be a distant memory with much reward ;)

CaperGal
on 9/27/11 11:10 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Went to my Doctors yesterday and he was happy when he said to get on the scale. Now I am down 35 pounds and things are turning around for me now. I am drinking more now and I am almost ready to start walking again. They have a new building here that you can go and walk anytime they are open. So a couple of friends are going to go with me after we come back from Bangor. We will be doing enough walking there to cover me.lol 
I am off blood pressure meds and metformin and very little insulin. I feel great now.  thanks everyone.
Carly ~
on 9/27/11 3:49 pm
 So happy to hear you're on the mend Caper!
Enjoy the trip to Boston!

Most Active