Need some answers

CaperGal
on 8/19/11 6:13 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
I have an appointment for my follow up after my surgery for Sept. 1st. So what I want to know is what happens there? What do I have to bring? I have to do my blood work 10 days before that I know. Am I suppose to be in contact now with Dianne L.? Do I have to take my menu of what I have been eating or am I suppose to email her all this stuff? And about my diabeties too. So far I am on half of what I was on before the operation. My sugars are pretty good now. I was doing really good with the weight loss (lost 21 lbs in 2 weeks) but than my sarcoidoses came back and I had to go on 4 prednisone and now I am at a stand still. I only have to take 3 now for 2 more days and than I can go back to the 2 I was on before.And hopefully I will return to losing the weight.
I am struggling with the intake of fluids. I am trying to remember to drink slower too. I have been drinking water, boost, ensure, cib, apple juice, orange juice, milk, sf jello, sf pudding, yogurt, unsweetened applesauce and some soup. I have shakes with the protein powder and some cream of wheat. Can anyone tell me if that is what I am suppose to be doing? I was able to walk some up until my skin problem had come back. This time it is on my feet and I am not able to walk very far because of it. Hopefully I will be back at it in a week. Anyway any help with my questions would be great. Thanks.  
A in NS
on 8/19/11 9:12 pm
Glad you're doing well with losing - 21 lbs is great!!  I don't remember what happens at the follow up (too long ago..) but click on my name & check my page - it sounds like something I would have recorded  :)  Sorry your skin condition came back!  If you're still on liquids you shouldn't be having that much trouble getting enough in since it all counts to your liquid intake...  and if you are, then just do your best to get more in because you don't want to end up with a dehydration problem  :S  What you're eating seems right on track to me - if you get bored try some greek yogurt blended up with a little fruit & some splenda - delish!  :)  Glad to hear from you!!  :))

Weight lost since surgery:

Citykitty
on 8/21/11 2:01 am - Sydney, Canada
Hi Caper Gal,

I just got sleeved on Tuesday of last week.  From what I understand you need to email Dianna to let her know you were done and to give her the appointment time for your follow-up visit.  Also according to what I have been told you need to take your weight loss binder and your food logs and exercise logs with you for all your appointments.  I don't know yet whether you meet with your doctor and Dianna, but I'm assuming that's what happens.

Good luck and check out my email address - we're not far from one another.  Maybe we can get together for tea.

Most Active