Read the Chronicle Herald today

banne
on 7/29/11 2:49 am - Canada
Great article Lillian,Very brave of you to put your story out there for the world to see and I hope many others will also voice their concerns.....let's pray that it will get the ball rolling........

Kitty1975
on 7/29/11 3:40 am, edited 7/29/11 3:40 am - Canada
I agree was a great article but very sad. Hope the government get off their asses soon about this and DO something about it.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Jackie00
on 7/29/11 1:33 pm
Unfortunately it will probably not get the ball rolling, but it might make them move her case up, who knows.  One point that should be made, that I see some have commented on her site weightymatters is that someone recommend she pay for it, hey I am ready to go for my surgery and I will have to pay for it, they are pushing us out of the province to get it done and my main concern is that they don't want to have to take care of you if you run into complications.  I don't think they can really refuse if you show up in emergency.  But really my point is, we do feel ourselves as being a priority, *****ally knows what the clinic in Halifax is really doing, are they pushing up people that "know" someone in the office?  Could I get in any faster if I paid them some cash that I would be spending by going away to have the procedure done?  Heck I would love to have the surgery here but I am left with no choice and have to go to Mexico.
FancyRoses
on 7/31/11 3:42 am - Lower Sackville, Canada
your welcome and its not done just for my own gain it was to help others in the future and those who have had the surgery 5 to 10 yrs post opp also who need follow up of revisions...
My goals to a healthy me            
Linski
on 8/12/11 4:09 am - Canada
Thank you Lillian.  I am so glad that people are now aware of this crisis in Nova Scotia.  I am praying something will happen to change the system here.  Lillian, you are very brave.

Christine
FancyRoses
on 8/12/11 4:15 am - Lower Sackville, Canada
I have yet to determine if i was brave or stupid.  either way I sure hope it helps peoples wait times
My goals to a healthy me            
Most Active