mexico

susanpalmer
on 7/17/11 2:24 am - annapolis county, Canada
Hello i was wondering what everyone had to say about going to mexico for their surgery. Who has and how they made out. What dr has people heard good things about and which they heard bad things about. Does the fee include your flight?? If you want to take someone with you where do they stay and how much more?? I am thinking about going to mexico to have my surgery and want all the info i can get. So no matter the info please give.

susan palmer    
highest weight 280 current weight 186

kimberleyann
on 7/17/11 8:52 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
 Not sure how many on the NS forum have done the Mexico route but if you read the Mexico forum there are loads of entries there.

Carly ~
on 7/18/11 4:21 am
 I heard great things about Dr. Alvarez from the forum posts here.
http://www.endobariatric.com/sleeve.htm

waiting_patiently
on 7/30/11 12:55 am - Nova Scotia, Canada
VSG on 07/24/12
     I have researched Mexico quite extensively and out of all Dr. Alvarez seems to be the best.  He price is 8900 US.  This includes hospital, surgery, any complications if any, medication, hotel and a driver to take you to the hospital and back.  Your trip away would be 5 days 4 nights.  The price does not include air fare.  A round trip costs about 600 from Halifax.  You have a few layovers but that is expected if you want the cheaper flight. 

There are other doctors in Mexico and most are quite cheaper (4800 - 7000) There are agency's out there as well that work with certain doctors in Mexico as well.  Travel for care is one of them.  The only thing here, when I asked them if the price includes complications, they told me it does not.  So you would have to purchase additional insurance for this. 

Out of all of the doctors I have researched, it would have been Dr. Alvarez I would have gone to.  Unfortunately I will not be getting the surgery in Mexico, because I was not eligible for funding.  But if you have the funds to go, Dr. Alvarez in my opinion would be the way to go.

Hope this helps and all the best.

Debbie

Oh, one more thing, you can check out Dr. Alvarez on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bozikPD1l0 

Most Active