can everyone give me a idea of wait time

susanpalmer
on 7/13/11 6:32 am - annapolis county, Canada
hello i am 5ft 6 inches tall and weigh 270 i am walking a very fine line on becoming a diabetic. i have been very close that the dr wanted 30lb off or i would be classified as one. i mananged to get it off last year.... but it is on again and have to work again or i will be a diabetic. been waitting since may 2010. have left messages with diane but never get a responce. so what have you all been waiting????? and those who have had surgery what was the wait????

susan palmer    
highest weight 280 current weight 186

kimberleyann
on 7/13/11 7:33 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
 According to the hospital website, they say a wait list of 10 years. 

susanpalmer
on 7/13/11 7:41 am - annapolis county, Canada
depressing

susan palmer    

Jackie00
on 7/13/11 10:32 am
actually it is exceeding 10 yrs lol probably means 12 yrs
susanpalmer
on 7/13/11 12:41 pm - annapolis county, Canada
the thing that really sucks is if i were to gain another 10-15 lb i would become a diabetic than would i be pushed up to the top of the pile. but that really is defeating the purpose i try so hard to get it off. 2 years ago lost 50 lb last year lost 30 put back on both times.

susan palmer    

Jackie00
on 7/14/11 4:12 am
you could always just see if you could come to Mexico and we could travel as buddies lol, I am ok'ed for a loan and probably going in October when it is a bit cooler here when I return so no need to be scared of dehydration when I get back due to the warm temperatures.  I already over heat as it is.  I wonder if my dr would give me a exercise test if it would show how bad of shape I am in lol.  My face goes beet red and I overheat instantly.  I really don't even know where to begin when it comes to exercise other then to walk (if my feet worked, I am currently getting physio on them).
Jackie00
on 7/14/11 4:08 am
you don't need to gain weight to be a diabetic and yeah it is defeating the purpose, but another question is how many diabetics are waiting? and how long are they waiting for?
Carly ~
on 7/14/11 7:13 am
 There are 500 people on the primary list with diabetes or heart conditions or both.
There are over 2000 people waiting.

I waited over 12 years in Halifax before relocating to another province to live and get seen to in a better timeframe.

Jackie00
on 7/14/11 9:54 am
Unfortunately my job prevents me from relocating, how are you doing anyways Carly?  What was your surgery like?  Truth... I know there is pain for a few days for sure.  I was ok for a loan for Mexico but I really don't want to go there in the heat of the summer with greater chances of dehydration so I am probably waiting for October when things cool down here but I think it is hurricane season down there then grrr but will have to see.
Carly ~
on 7/14/11 1:54 pm
Susan --
I'm 5'4 and was 378 lbs, and was 'borerline diabetic'.  No doctor can say that 'x' amount of weight would make you diabetic.  The Clinic wouldn't accept that as a reason for you to be bumped any further ahead than where you've been placed.  
They go by existing co-morbitities and base who they choose for surgery on that, and other stipulations they place on the patient.
I've waited over 12 years, and still no call for even an information session.  So I relocated and had it done in another province.

Jackie, I get really hot too, and I have no issues with dehydration!  Go as soon as you can hun.. don't delay!   I'm doing really really well.  I've done some updates you can check my profile or a post from me on here, and don't want to go on and on about me on someone else's posts : )  

Most Active