finally got good news

CaperGal
on 7/6/11 4:34 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
I talked to Diane and she said I am booked for surgery on July 25th. I just have to wait for my call for pre-op and than I will be good to go. I had bloodwork done Monday and all my blood levels are better than he expected. They are all up quite a bit since Dec. So no worries there. My sugars are up but I am not worried about that, With all that I am going through with David and my mom I have a hard time remembering to take my needles and meds. So I have 19 days to my operation and the countdown is finally on. David is still in the hospital here and is doing really well. He got u for physio today with a walker. But he is really doing so much better. He will be there for another week at least. So hopefully he will be back home by than.

My mom had a biopsy done yesterday on her sinsuses. So yesterday I was between 2 hospitals and never got to eat or take my meds on time or needles something that is happening way to much here lately.lol

ok enough about that. I know this is long but I am happy to have a place where I know I can come and let out my happiness and my sadness. I have been through a lot this year and I am thankful to have friends to vent to.
So thank you friends for being there for me.
kimberleyann
on 7/6/11 9:54 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
 Great news! I look forward to following your journey.

nickola1
on 7/6/11 12:01 pm - Riverview, Canada
 AWESOME!!!!!!!  Good luck and all the best!      
Carly ~
on 7/6/11 1:39 pm
 I'm so excited for you Caper! 
Congrats on the great news with your surgery date!

I'm glad everything is working out for you now.. you've had a hard road so far.

Hope your surgery is uneventful and your recovery is swift!
All the best!

coreena691
on 7/6/11 1:59 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Good for you Caper!!  19 days will go by so fast & you've come a long way. I'm so glad to see you're health is better now.   All the more reason to rock this journey!!!  Keep us updated and fingers crossed for your husband and mom's recovery as well.  I too know about the rocky start to the year...each day does get better!  xo 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

sussmack2004
on 7/7/11 11:37 pm
That is great news about your surgery date. Time is flying and it will be here before you know it. Sounds like you have recovered well from whatever it was affecting your blood in the past.
I am glad that your husband is doing well too
It must be so hard for you running between hospitals, worrying about your mom and your husband, and ususally we are the last people that "we" look after.
Take care, Susan
nannydeb
on 7/8/11 11:17 am - Canada
Congratulaions, I'm so happy for you.  I live in Halifax if there's anything I can do to help you out let me know.  It's the greatest journey you will ever embark on.  

Nanny Deb.......Debbie

A in NS
on 7/10/11 11:31 am
OMG that is such GOOD NEWS!!!!  WOOHOO!!!  I couldn't be happier for you!  BTW, July 25 is my son's birthday so I think it's a sign of good luck!!!  lol   I'm sooooo soooo happy for you!!!! 

Weight lost since surgery:

CaperGal
on 7/10/11 12:41 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada
thanks everyone. I start my 8 days of liquids next weekend. I am waiting now to find out when I go for pre-op stuff. I am hoping I don't have to do it all over again. They told me in Dec. that I would not have to do it all again. Maybe I can get away with doing the blood and ekg done here. I hope, but they will say no u have to do it here. Which is alright for them but it costs me over a 100 just for the drive up and back. Oh well I will just have to wait and see.
David may get home next week but he will have to have the VON come to do dressing changes everyday. So I will have to have my family help out when I am gone and when I get home. Nothing is gonna stop me me now. lol 15 days to go. yipeeee
Most Active