Any Canadians that used Medicard to pay for their Weight Loss Surgery??

cheekymama
on 7/5/11 4:59 am - Canada
Hey there!
I am new on these boards
I am from Nova Scotia Canada
I am looking into the VSG with Dr Alvarez in Mexico - a close friend just had it done.  They said there is financing for Canadians through Medicard - I am wondering if anyone has used Medicard to pay for a WLS yet and any issues you may have had - advantages/disadvantages and etc...
Thanks!
Sonya
Jackie00
on 7/6/11 5:39 am
Add and talk to Jessi Bates she is dealing with medicare and has had her surgery.  Once again I just don't like the interest rates but will go that way if I have no choice before the end of April next year, I do hate to wait that long but might not have a choice.
Jackie00
on 7/6/11 7:13 am
I just looked up their phone number and have called them in the past myself, you can bombard them with questions at 1-888-689-9876, you can also just send in an application at https://www.medicard.com/disclaimer.php and just put in that you have not choosen a dr yet and just put in the rough amount for estimate and seeing what the rates and other stuff is about and if they will approve you. 
cheekymama
on 7/7/11 12:43 am - Canada
Thanks for all the help Jackie!!!
cheekymama
on 7/7/11 12:44 am - Canada
How do I add Jessi Bates?
I'm new on here and not sure how to find and add her...
Jackie00
on 7/11/11 11:45 am
Not sure hun, I just seen a post she made one day and added her from there.
KDorey
on 7/21/11 1:41 am - Canada
RNY on 12/14/85
I did not use the Medicard for my surgery (as it was in 1985 and covered by MSI at the time), however, I did use it in 2005 for my tummy tuck.  Yes, it has high interest rates but it was worth having 4.5 lbs of flab removed so that my clothes fit properly.  Good Luck.

Most Active