good news/bad news

CaperGal
on 6/3/11 4:28 am - Sydney Mines, Canada

well  had hubby up to Antigonish yesterday for his pre-op stuff. Got it all done and they of course still don't know when they will actually get him in for his surgery. And when he does get a call for it I have to call them the day before to make sure he will even have a bed when he gets there. Then when we are on the way up I have to call them again to make sure he still has the bed that he was given for the surgery. How great is that? NOT! What the h... kind of hospital that they can do that. GEEESSS.He might get in by July or the middle of July who knows. I have been calling Dr. Brennan's office but no answer of course. It is so frustrating.
So then I called Dianne and I told her he wasn't getting in until the middle of July so I wanted to get in and get mine done. She said the next op day is June 28th and she would try and get me in on that one. She didn't say when the next one after that would be. So here I am waiting again. All cleared for surgery and still waiting. Originally I was to be done Dec. 7th. and 6 months are gone by, the only good thing is I am very healthy after all the tests they all put me through with my blood.

Carly ~
on 6/3/11 11:17 am
 Crazy about your husband, but I'm sure things will work out for the best.  They just need reminders that he's on route.. lol
The best is the great news about your surgery!    Congrats!
A in NS
on 6/5/11 9:38 pm
Well your path to surgery is more like a winding road!!!  lol  What surgery is hubby having done?  Sorry I haven't been on that much lately but we have had so much going on...  It's good to be back - I missed you guys!  :))

Weight lost since surgery:

CaperGal
on 6/6/11 8:18 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
well David is having nasal surgery this Thursday in Sydney and in for 1 night. Than he has to go to Antigonish for surgery on his sweat glands in his right arm pit and groin of two legs.He will be there for up to 3 weeks cos he has to have skin grafs on his legs. He has been suffering for 4 years now with it and it has been really bad this pass year. He had to quit smoking, which he did last August. He had a heart attack in 89 and in Dec, 06 and than he had triple by pass in Halifax in Jan. 07. He has only left the house for doc. appointments for close to 2 years. He has lost nearly 60 pounds. So hopfully he will be done soon.
A in NS
on 6/6/11 9:07 am
Wow, that's a lot!  Do you have someone to come and help you two while you're recovering?

Weight lost since surgery:

coreena691
on 6/6/11 10:54 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Ooooh, that sounds like a lot going on in your world.  Will be thinking of you both during your surgery & recoveries. 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Most Active