question on post op to you sleevers

nsblue
on 5/27/11 8:03 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada
was reading dr ellsmeres reviews and noticed a comment that said after surgery and until their leak test, they had a drainage tube in their nose to their stomach... it was the first i heard of this and was wondering if this is the norm or not.

Kitty1975
on 5/27/11 11:30 pm - Canada
No its not the norm. They talk to you about it before hand that it could be a possibility that you could have one. I believe it deals with the acid in your stomach. Although i could be wrong but its what i remember them saying at the pre admitting appointment i went to.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
nsblue
on 5/27/11 11:39 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada
That makes alot of sense Kitty, thanks so much for clarifyin about it ;)

A in NS
on 5/28/11 11:14 am
I didn't have one - the only thing I had was an IV...

Weight lost since surgery:

nsblue
on 5/29/11 1:06 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada
lol well i hope i dont have a cesspool of a gut that bubbles with acid...then i wont have one too lol...i can hope ;)

ruthann49
on 5/29/11 1:15 am - Canada
I wouldn't worry blue! You rarely read of anyone getting that tube.

nsblue
on 5/29/11 1:21 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada
I remember after my ruptured appendix i woke up with 2 tubes down me throat n the anethesiologoist was held up in another surgery...i had to breathe with that thing for 2 hours while breathin on my own...what an experience... but i guess i was pretty sick back then n needed them. funny how somethings sick with you. patience n mind over matter can get you through no matter what.

coreena691
on 5/29/11 1:34 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Of course I didn't have Dr. Ellesmere, but just want to add, I didn't have any tubes, just the regular IV.  It took 3 days for them to finally hear the gas start to move around in my intestines. 

With my tummy tuck surgery I did have two drain packs hanging on my sides but they were coming from the site and wore those for a whole week.  Then I had out patient visits for 3 months to keep getting the fluid drained with gigantic needles.  My belly was like a waterbed!  LOL
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Most Active