Pest

nickola1
on 5/25/11 11:14 am - Riverview, Canada
 Sorry to be a pest guys, but now I want to know if you can give me a rough idea (based on your experiences), how long you normally have to wait to have the surgery after the clinic info session?  After that info session do they start bringing people back and booking surgery dates?
Thanks a bunch guys!!  Still happy as ever to even be attending the next session June 15th!!!!

Chris  

CaperGal
on 5/25/11 1:02 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada
hi, When I went to my info session on mar. 1st. 2010 they told us not to expect any word from them for 6 months. In May we were sent a big questioner to do and send back. I than waited until Oct. before I got my appointment with the "team" where I was given the news that I was getting the surgery. Then I met with Dr. Ellesmere around two weeks later. And I got my date for surgery than. Dec. 7th. When I went for my pre op date the end of Nov. I got to the very end of my time with them and was told I couldn't get the surgery until my blood loss was found. So needless to say I just last week finally got to see a hematologist here in Sydney, (cos we don't have one on the island) He said all the tests I had showed nothing wrong and the only thing he thought it could have been was bleeding ulcers, which I was not aware of. So anyway I called Diane today and she got the report from him saying he highly recommend me for the surgery. So now she said she will see him tomorrow and give me a call with a date. Yipeee. Anyway that is what happened to me. I do rattle on don't I? lol sorry about that. Hope this helped.and congrats on getting into the June session.
Kitty1975
on 5/25/11 6:37 pm - Canada
I went to the March session of last year and was told not to expect any call for six months. In that six months i had 10 lbs to lose. Well stupid me didnt do it. So then i had one more chance, i had to lose 20 lbs in two months. So in December i went back losing 24 lbs. I saw Ellsmere before Christmas and had surgery January 6 2011.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 9:06 pm - Canada
I was exactly one year from info session to surgery.
nickola1
on 5/25/11 11:43 pm - Riverview, Canada
 Awesome ladies thank you!!!    
Most Active