Hi I am new, have questions please

Kellie010
on 5/23/11 12:46 am - Lower Sackville, Canada
Hi everyone, I was reading that they do not do the Gastric Bypass here in NS, they only do the sleeve. Has anyone gone to NB to have that surgy done? Also (oops there is 2 questions) What is the wait times and is there a place to find that out?

Thanks
Kellie
ruthann49
on 5/25/11 6:57 am - Canada
Welcome to this forum! I was initially referred to NB but the referral was sent back because I live in NS I'm afraid the waiting list here is about 2000 people with only 80 surgeries done a year. You'll be seen sooner if you have diabetes and a BMI of over 40.Other things they look at are high blood pressure and sleep apnea. Good luck with your research!

Kellie010
on 5/25/11 7:19 am - Lower Sackville, Canada
Thank you for the welcome and the information, I am going to see my doctor next week to see what the "poop" is all about lol! I have looked all over the Internet about the sleeve and the Gastric Bypass and I am dizzy reading all that information WOW! I look forward to talking to you and others on this site. Thank you again.

Kellie
Kellie
ruthann49
on 5/25/11 10:05 am - Canada
go under nshealth.ca then look under obesity.There is a wealth of info on there and if you go under consult for surgery you can print this off for your doctor. Good luck.

Most Active