Interesting News about WLS in NS--you'll want to know about this!!!!

banne
on 5/18/11 1:35 am - Canada
Hi Chris,
I also called this morning and was told the same thing...........I was so excited to hear that there might be other doctors doing the surgery but was disappointed when I callled and they told me they don't do "new" sleeves :(.....here's hoping someday the wait won't be so long!
nickola1
on 5/18/11 2:13 am - Riverview, Canada
 Yeah I hear ya.  I'm trying so hard to be positive, but it's not easy.  All I know is that the day I get that call for the OR, will be a day like NO other!!  All the best, 
Chris

coreena691
on 5/18/11 3:18 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Wow, thanks for sharing this Nicola.

This is definitely a different approach than what we spoke about together.  Dr. MacDonald did go to Halifax over the weekend, perhaps he found out that they are limited from what he originally told me.  Because he was definitely clear on saying there were 3 surgeons available and can do 350 surgeries per year compared to Halifax!!!  He was sincere saying he would like to help.

That is a sad fact and something Nova Scotia needs to fix, but I understand what they mean about only new patients that had previous abdominal because they do not do laproscopic as far as I'm aware of.  Mine was open, but again, I had to have open due to adhesions on my liver.  

My intentions were NOT to get anyone's hopes up, but to inform there MAY be a way to process this waitlist a little faster.  ~Sorry!
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

nickola1
on 5/18/11 4:27 am - Riverview, Canada
 Hey there, don't be sorry, it's okay.  Your heart was in the right spot for sure.  More than anything, you have certainly showed us how much you care.  You know what the wait is like.  I'm cool.  
Later,
Chris

coreena691
on 5/18/11 4:36 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Thanks Chris,

We have a couple members that are not taking this lightly and want to make some noise, we may brainstorm this at our next Owlss meeting about addressing more MLAs & the Media--one has already written some letters.  Feel free to come join us anytime!!  Any support or ideas you wish to share are welcome! 

We're meeting again next Wednesday, May 25th at the Lr. Sackville Sobey's Community Room, 7-9pm. 

Cheers,
Coreena
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Jackie00
on 5/18/11 8:03 am
Yikes but yes thanks for the info anyways.  I hope that if they receive lots of calls that they will look into providing this  surgery down the road.  I guess I will have to go on the forever waiting list for Dr. Ellsmere or save save save and go to Mexico.
banne
on 5/18/11 10:02 am - Canada
Thanks Coreena......your post was helpful in knowing there are other doctors willing to do the surgery.......as soon as I saw the post I called them....I know the wait list is long so I was not upset wth your post I was more curious to see how many did the surgery
You are a great person for asking all the right questions to the surgeon so we are more aware of the issue.

Thanks for all the great info you gave us Coreena

Bev
Most Active