Update

nickola1
on 5/11/11 8:54 am - Riverview, Canada
 Hey folks, hope all is well.  I enjoy keeping up to date with all of your information you guys talk about on here.  

Anyway, after reading some of the previous topics, I wrote Diana an email a couple of days ago and heard back from her today.  I wrote her with regard to confirming receipt of my and my mothers' referral from last year.   I actually called her as soon as I got her email because she said she didn't have them.   So we chatted for a bit and we found my and my mothers referrals.  She didn't have me on the list for the upcoming session, but did look in the computer and through some files and found us....but we were lost.  I confirmed with her all of our information and she was up to date.  She did say that I will not be in the upcoming info session but will certainly be invited to the next one due in the Fall.  So not all is lost but was glad to have got in touch with her because I had been lost.  I then proceeded to say that I know she was very busy but there must be greater organization of confidential material etc...  I admitted that the communication between us hopefuls and her dept. seems poor but was not mad, upset, or anything.  I just needed to get it off my chest so I did.  I am a primary health care professional myself and have worked in a few hospitals over the past few years and so on, and have never encountered such organized disorganization in any other health department.  Perhaps its newness is it's greatest fault.  Either way, and at the end of the day, I want to be placed systematically on a list whereby every referral has been objectively identified based on need.  Such a list must be clear, concise and taken more seriously, despite how busy one may be.  Either do it right or don't do it.  Well thats my two cents.  It's been bothering me too.  I think Diana is sweet and this in no way is a push against her person etc.  

Peace out folks!  

nsblue
on 5/11/11 8:56 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada

nickola1 it's good you are staying on top of it...one has to for their own case. One has to be definitely proactive when it comes to their health.

Glad you got your foot in and in line now ;)

ruthann49
on 5/12/11 7:27 am - Canada
Apparently my referral is lost also so I got my doctors office to re-fax it last week. I emailed Diana three times to see if she got my latest referral but she has not replied. Should I phone her instead? This is so frustrating. I've been waiting 5 months and now I'm scared I'll be put at the bottom again!

nickola1
on 5/12/11 11:24 am - Riverview, Canada
 Hey there, 
Yeah I would call for sure.  You are certainly entitled to that information and it is important.  Her direct number is  below for you.  Let me know how you make out.  If you are not on the current list, then ask her to make sure she at least has the referral.  Good luck!

Diana L. Lawlor MN RN-NP
Nurse Practitioner Obesity and Weight Loss Surgery
902-473-2970

ruthann49
on 5/12/11 10:12 pm - Canada
I phoned and left Diana a message She is on vacation till May 24th.

nickola1
on 5/13/11 5:10 am - Riverview, Canada
 Well that stinks.  Holy bad timing.  Well hopefully by the end of the month, you will know.  Or you could call Deanne Ortman?  Up to you?

C

ruthann49
on 5/15/11 3:37 am - Canada
Who is Deanne Ortman and what is her contact number? Thanks!

nickola1
on 5/15/11 4:33 am - Riverview, Canada
 She is the nutritionist that works with the group.  She has equal access to the information.   [email protected]   I don't have her phone number but you can just call the hospital and ask for it.  

http://www.con-obesitysummit.ca/page.aspx?page=334&app=176&cat1=451&tp=7&lk=no&menu=48

banne
on 5/18/11 1:22 am - Canada
I have emailed Diana almost every 3 months and I keep getting the same reply....She says nothing has changed.....I ask every time if I am on the waiting list but she never replys an answer to that....I will email Deanne this time and see what she says...thx!
Most Active