New Here

Jewlz78
on 4/26/11 2:48 am
Wow thanks for such a great forum, I'm learning lots! Here's my story for anyone interested, and well, it's just good to write it...

I've been overweight my entire life, my parents are overweight and both of my siblings, not that I'm blaming them, but it is a fact that genetics play some part.  I also struggle with food addiction and binge at times. I have been researching WLS for a while, and probably would have gotten it years ago if it didn't cost so much. I realize it will not help with my mental addiction to food, but I'm working on that and hope to conquer it somewhere along the way during this process.  For me it's stress... my husband owns his own business and I stress about that a lot. I'll try to spare the psycology assessment as I could go on for ages! 

Back to the surgery... I went to see my doctor on Thursday of last week and she has agreed to refer me to the Capital Health VSG procedure. I need to get blood testing done tomorrow to see if there's any problems, but I don't think there is. She says this will probably put me very low on the list. However I do have a BMI of 45.  Should I also have her send a recommendation to MSI, or is it all the same thing?

Thanks for listening and posting your stories, it's all very inspiring!
ruthann49
on 4/27/11 9:34 am - Canada
Welcome to the forum! I was referred last December so I also have a long wait. I believe you don't get accepted through MSI till after you meet the team. There are some great gals who have had the surgery and have a weath of knowledge so visit here often. Best of luck!

nsblue
on 4/27/11 10:01 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada

welcome jewlz.

there is much to work through in this journey, and you CAN do it!!! here's to healthier days ahead;)

Most Active