Waitlist

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 9:26 pm - Canada
I was at my one year update meeting last week and Diana told me that there are 2000 people on the waitlist.  She and the other girl are also not even full time.  Diana's position is only 0.7 full time equivalent and the other girl (I forget her name) is only 0.3 fte.
Pressure now needs to happen to the government to make these positions full time and to secure another surgeon to do these surgeries.  The WLS program needs to be made more of a priority by Capital Health and the Provincial gov't.  The success of others who have improved their co-morbidities from having the surgery would be key in convincing the gov't that this program needs to be expanded.

Diana is doing her best to get through everyone as best she can with the time she has. 
ruthann49
on 4/20/11 6:30 am - Canada
Wow that is alot of people waiting! I wonder how many surgeries they do in a month. I emailed Diana last week about updating my health history on my referral since I was diagnosed recently  with severe sleep apnea. I haven't heard back from her. You must be so happy to have it all behind you! Congrats on your success.

A in NS
on 4/20/11 6:54 pm
OK, so how do we pressure the government?  Any ideas anyone?

Weight lost since surgery:

banne
on 4/21/11 8:21 am - Canada
Yes, does anyone know how we go about this
coreena691
on 4/25/11 4:34 am, edited 4/27/11 11:23 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Try writing to your MLA.
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Most Active