Referral

mel_2011
on 4/6/11 8:44 am - Canada
VSG on 05/26/14
I emailed Diana the other day, just to make sure she got my referral and to see what she had to say about wait times, she told me she didnt know if they got my referral and to check back in June. That seems a litte ways off just to check to see if they got my referral, if the didn't, then I will be set back a few months.

Who did you contact about findingout about your referral?

nsblue
on 4/6/11 11:17 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada
My referral went in the first part of September '10. I inquired a few months later..I had called the doctors office number the first part of december. They asked what I was reffered for, and i said that the surgeon had put an urgent to be seen dueto my hernia. They then said i could get it done elsewhere etc, so i went back to my doctor to tell them of reply i had gotten. His receptionist then took the bull by the horns, and she found out that they didnt have the refferal. So she resent it and made known of the urgency of it. they said that i would hear from them in the new year. Feb 22nd i received a call...and it was due to a cancellation that i was given the appointment for  feb 24th to see doc Ellsmere. I now wait for a call from Diane Lawlor as to an appointment. Dr Ellsmere said they would put me into the weightloss program and when i lost 30 pounds he would do the surgery....go home read the info etc and continue on with what i have been doing. ( i was 430 on feb24th)  well 6 weeks later i have 28 pounds off...so 2 more pounds i will be calling his office to let them know...perhaps then it may light a fire under them to get a date LOLOL

coreena691
on 4/6/11 12:45 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
I don't have any answers about the referral or such as I don't deal with the WLS clinic in Hfx.  Just keep harping on them!

NSBlue, you're doing a fantastic job!!!  Keep working at it ladies!!!
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/11 7:37 am - Canada
Diana Lawlor is the ONLY person who triages patients...keep at her!
Most Active